Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kcb1
Streaming Star

Re: channel shortcut not working

spotify is currently not installed. I followed your link and searched and it only says "details" 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@kcb1 

When you click Details, what does it say? Is there an option to add the app?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
kcb1
Streaming Star

there is an option to add. added it. still didn't work. uninstalled and restarted the TV. tried it again through the website. nothing. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@kcb1 wrote:

there is an option to add. added it. still didn't work. uninstalled and restarted the TV. tried it again through the website. nothing. 

Now we have different results. Still not working like you want, but the details you reported now are different than before.

Previously, you attempted to add, but it never showed up on your TV.

@kcb1 wrote:

if I search spotify, hit "add channel" it says "adding spotify" ... I go to the homepage, go up and down its not there....

Now you're saying it was there, and then you uninstalled it. You can't uninstall something that's not there. So, you're saying that using that method, it finally showed up on your TV, but wouldn't work.

Is my that what happened?

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
kcb1
Streaming Star

like ive said before, I install it. it doesn't show up anywhere. at all. no spotify channel to be found. I search it again. it says go to channel, remove channel. I hit go to channel. goes back to the same page. it installs but doesn't show up anywhere. doesn't take me to the channel. I hit remove. it removes and says add channel. I add it. it doesn't get added anywhere. yet again. it acts like it installs but doesn't show up. thats literally the whole issue 

0 Kudos
kcb1
Streaming Star

there wasn't different results. literally same results of nothing working 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@kcb1 

We're having a serious communication issue. Notice this response:

@kcb1 wrote:

• You are meaning that you clicked the add button, and got a response that the app was added ("added it").
  • You also mean that the app did not appear on the Roku device ("still didn't work").
  • You also mean that you then searched for the app in the Channel Store on the device, found it, then selected Uninstall ("uninstalled it").
  • You then restarted the TV ("restarted the TV").

But....

Here is another interpretation of what you wrote:

• You could mean that you clicked the add button, and got a response that the app was added, and it was on the device in the menu system ("added it").
  • You could also then mean that launching the app from the device failed to load ("still didn't work").
  • You could also then mean that you removed the app from the device menu ("uninstalled it").
  • You then restarted the TV ("restarted the TV").

Do you see the difference? Please be specific about what steps you take, and the results of the steps. Assume nothing. Well, check that. Assume we are on the other end of the Internet and can't see what you see, and are entirely relying on your responses. Clear and complete responses help.

Having said that, you should probably await @RokuDanny-R to assist. But, in your responses to him, consider what I said here.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
kcb1
Streaming Star

if I could see the spotify channel on the homepage then I still wouldn't be here. idk how much more specific I could get. IT INSTALLS BUT DOESNT SHOW UP ANYWHERE 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@kcb1 

I get that. But you were installing via the device. My suggestion was to install via the Website, which has in some circumstances worked when the device install didn't. We're troubleshooting. We're trying things and seeing what the results are. Sometimes they lead to a solution, or fix a glitch. Other times, they simply show that different things lead to same results. That's what I'm trying to find out.

Oh, and this sentence ...

@kcb1 wrote:

... IT INSTALLS BUT DOESNT SHOW UP ANYWHERE 

You just said "it installs." What actually happened is it said it installed. Those are not the same thing. There is a critical difference. If it says it installed, did you then on the Website search for the app again? And did you find it? And did it still offer the opportunity to install? If so, then it didn't install. It just said it did. And now it says it didn't, as an installed app won't offer the option to install. Not the same thing. Critical difference.

DBDukes

Streamer317
Roku Guru

@kcb1  Go to Roku.com using a laptop. Log into your Roku account. Under your name you will see “channel store” or something like that. Go there. Search for Spotify and add channel. Afterwards it should so installed on the webpage. Restart your Roku and see if Spotify is there 

0 Kudos