Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xLuximityx
Reel Rookie

Speakers making high pitched squeaks for Hisense Roku TV

Jump to solution

I have a Hisense Roku TV for my dorm room apartment, and I moved in today and set it all up. Visuals and screen are perfectly fine, but I’m having issues with the audio. The speakers are giving off some high pitched squeaks in place of the audio, and can change pitch and volume with the audio (ex. audio is a yelling person, the squeaks are louder.)

Is there a fix for this, either with the TV or with getting external speakers? Or am I better off trying to find a different TV?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Speakers making high pitched squeaks

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response, @xLuximityx.

Regarding the issue you've encountered, we suggest restarting your Roku TV by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step). Then, unplug your TV for 10-15 minutes and plug it back in to resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, we recommend contacting your TV manufacturer directly to report it and request additional support. The issue you are experiencing may be related to a hardware issue.

Each Roku TV manufacturer provides support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll continue assisting from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @xLuximityx,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the behavior you've encountered with your Roku TV. We'd like to take action on this, but we need more details to see if there are any options that we can look further into.

Refer to these questions to better identify the issue you're experiencing:

• Does the pitched noise occur on a specific channel while streaming or throughout the Roku platform?
  • Do you have other devices (s) connected to your Roku TV? (e.g., speakers and another sound system)
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
xLuximityx
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi there @RokuJechealR 

The high pitched noises replacing the audio happens throughout the Roku interface, including the powering off and all the different channels.

I don’t have any external speakers or sound systems connected to the Tv.

And I haven’t taken any troubleshooting methods yet because I have no clue what sort of troubleshooting I could do for this, as well as not finding any help articles on this specific issue.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response, @xLuximityx.

Regarding the issue you've encountered, we suggest restarting your Roku TV by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step). Then, unplug your TV for 10-15 minutes and plug it back in to resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, we recommend contacting your TV manufacturer directly to report it and request additional support. The issue you are experiencing may be related to a hardware issue.

Each Roku TV manufacturer provides support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll continue assisting from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.