Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jrkrueger

Sound bar keeps playing after TV is off

Jump to solution

I just installed my new Roku sound bar and it works fine except when I shut the TV off with the remote, the sound bar keeps playing. I have to mute it so that the sound can’t be heard but I assume it’s still on. Is this normal.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Sound bar keeps playing after TV is off

Jump to solution

Hello! @NinComPoop,

We're thrilled to have you join us here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us about your Roku sound bar. We're pleased to assist.

When Fast TV Start is enabled, your Roku TV system always maintains the connection with its built-in speakers or a Roku wireless audio device, even when the TV is on standby. This allows you to use the built-in speakers, a pair of Roku wireless speakers, or a Roku TV Wireless Soundbar at any time, regardless if the screen is off or on.

Please attempt to disable the Fast TV start feature.

1. Press Home  on your TV remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power
  5. Select Fast TV Start
  6. Highlight Enable 'Fast TV Start' and uncheck the box to turn it off

Please keep us updated on any developments and we'll gladly continue helping you. We eagerly await your response.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Jrkrueger!

We appreciate you reaching out for support. No worries! We'd be more than happy to assist you with this.

Before proceeding, what specific model is your soundbar? Is this paired to your TV? If so, what specific Roku streaming player is connected to your TV?

We'll be looking forward to your response as we are more than eager to find you the best resolution possible.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MarkC52
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just purchased a new Samsung TV to replace my older, smaller Samsung TV and now that I have hooked up my existing Roku Soundbar, when I turn the TV off, my Roku continues to play what I was watching. With my older TV, when I would press the power button it would automatically go back to the Home Screen. This was not an issue before. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @MarkC52

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community.

We see that you're having an issue regarding the setup with your Roku device remote configuration. May we know what kind of remote have you used to turn off your TV? Have you used the TV's remote or the Roku remote?

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MarkC52
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Kash,

I used both the remote for the TV (Samsung CU7000) and the Roku Voice Remote Pro. Both remotes have the sound continuing to play through the Roku Soundbar after the TV has been turned off. Previously on the older TV, when turning off the TV/Roku using the same Roku remote, the Roku would automatically go back to the Home Screen. It is no longer doing that. The Roku Soundbar is hooked up via HDMI Arc. 

Thank you for your assistance!

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @MarkC52

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Kindly follow the steps below to set-up your Roku remote for TV control.

1. Press Home  on your Roku voice remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Remotes & devices
  4. Select Remote
  5. Choose your voice remote from the list and select Set up remote for TV control
  6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process

Keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MarkC52
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuTakashi,

I have followed the setup of the remote and it still is doing the same thing. I even did “Forget Remote” and followed the process again. All it does it turn the TV off. It does not have the Roku return to the Home Screen when turning off the TV. Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@MarkC52,

Thanks for the update!

We'd like to see more of what's going on here. If possible, could you share with us a video clip of this issue and explain how you're reproducing it? We'd like to take a closer look.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MarkC52
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuERey,

I have created the video. What is the best way to share it. It is not allowing me to upload it to this posting. 

Thanks,
Mark

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know, @MarkC52.

You can create a file and upload it via PM. To send a PM, kindly select my username, View Profile, and on the right side of the page, select Send this user a private message.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.