Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clint321

Re: Hisense Roku TV stuck in reboot loop

I am in EXACTLY the same situation!! I also contacted both Roku and Hisense, both blaming each other. 

I also believe this to be Rocky’s issue and they refuse to take responsibility.  I really wonder if Roku issued an update that specifically borked these Hisense tv’s, and now won’t own up to it. So random we have the same sets and the same exact problem!!

I managed to get the correct Roku update after begging Roku three times for a valid model/serial #. I had hoped putting it on a properly formatted thumb drive and powering it on would initiate a software reinstall. It did not. Keeps right on looping after initial Hisense logo screen  

I cannot find a way to get it to reinstall. Just like you, reset button does nothing. Please let me know if you find anything out! I guess I’m about to have throw it away. Will never purchase anything Hisense or Roku again!!!

User_3c4t8ont
Reel Rookie

Yeah, pretty suspicious, almost exactly 2 years after I bought the TV too. Mine suddenly shut down while I was watching it on 5/30/2022 sometime between 10p, and 11pm Pacific Time. Then it entered the irrecoverable reboot loop.

I sure as **bleep** won't ever be buying another Roku product and will tell everyone within earshot the same.

0 Kudos
Clint321

I found a whole reddit of the exact same issue, we are not alone. Both companies seem very content just to point fingers until everyone shuts up. No one has fixed it except one guy who was still under warranty and they just replaced his whole mainboard. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Hisense/comments/nlo2kn/55r6e_boot_loop/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_ap...

Considering it was a $200 set I’m not willing to go that far, but I’d sure as **bleep** like to be able to fix it myself somehow. Not just have it taken away because it was connected to the internet and got an incompatible update!!

WizoleCrone
Reel Rookie

Re: Sharp/Hisense Roku TV stuck on logo

Issue began 6/1/2022. TV was on and playing when it shut off and then started the loop with the flashing ROKU logo. The power button won't power off the TV. I've had to keep it unplugged.

Model No. LC-58Q7370U

S/N: 58G183012H00454

Manufactured date 10/31/2018

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@GrabMpls @WizoleCrone

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your Roku device information.

I have passed the information along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Denise23

Has anyone actually got an answer or had it resolved because my tv just started doing this today. 

Model No. LC-58Q7370U

S/N: 58G1830H6H03769

Manufactured Date: 10/12/2018

0 Kudos
RowdyStache
Reel Rookie

Nope.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Denise23

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Olgizzard

All TV’s connected to Roku and stuck. Volume only.

Both of my TV’s that have their own Roku devices are stuck on the “dancing roku” screen. I have spent 1 hr on the phone and my signal is strong with no problem there. 
I am not able to move past this screen to do any kind of streaming on either of my TV’s. I have rebooted the devices and the TV and the router several times but to no avail! 
After seeing the thousands of customers who are having similar issues I am surprised there is no “fix” that ROKU as a company has not landed on yet. I am ready to cAncel my account and find another streaming network. I might have to pay more but at least when I need help I can readily find it, and for free! 
Does anyone have any suggestions for this old gizzard?!

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: All TV’s connected to Roku and stuck. Volume only.

@Olgizzard 

Many of the "dancing" Roku devices seem to be linked to being underpowered thus not being able to proceed past the boot checks.  Are you using the supplied power adapters rather than the TVs' USB power ports plugged directly into wall?  Since you have reportedly have two devices exhibiting the same behavior at same time, there has to be a common factor.

You can also try using another power adapter (cell phone charger adapter 5v, 1amp).  Also, plug directly into wall.  Eliminate any power surge protectors and extension cords during troubleshooting.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102