jdeprey
Channel Surfer

Re: ROKU surround speakers popping

I agree, I bought the sound bar and sub hoping for a better sound solution than my TV, and this constant sound popping is so bad people comment about the issue right away. Please give some kind of fix or something this is ridiculous.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Electron

We appreciate your firs post, and welcome here in the Roku Community.

We sincerely apologize for this kind of experience, and we'll assist you with the best we can. Kindly be advised that we have sent you a private message here in the Roku Community for us to assist you further. Please check your inbox since we've reached you from there.

We hope we'll be able to address your concerns and meet your needs.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Electron

Thanks for posting regarding the issue you've encountered with your Roku Audio devices.

We're sorry to hear about this you are facing. In order for us to assist you in resolving your issue, we require additional information. Could you please furnish us with the following details:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).

Once we have this information, we'll be able to proceed with the necessary actions to address your concern.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Namefast
Channel Surfer

I have provided all of the information requested and no one from Roku has provided me any workarounds via email!???

0 Kudos

My subwoofer is 2 years old and just started making the same sounds as everyone is describing. Sucks to see that no fix has been available. Seems like this has been going on for a while.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Natureboiyy,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issues you've been having with your Roku player, and we're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Would you mind providing us with more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? Is this happening to a specific app? If so, please specify. What troubleshooting steps have you tried to try to resolve this issue?

If you are still experiencing an issue with your Roku player after doing lots of troubleshooting steps, we would be more than happy to investigate further, but we will need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve the issue.

We'll be eager to wait for your update. Your assistance is much appreciated, so we can try to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Oinker3
Reel Rookie

I am also having an issues with my wireless Roku subwoofer popping sporadically. Please advise how to proceed, or better yet, how far along Roku is with fixing this obviously very common issue with their equipment.

0 Kudos
Jason187
Channel Surfer

TRUST ME They dont!!!! Just read around and you will see…Its been since Nov 23 since I had these issues and to this day I still have popping issues everyday, even on low volumes!!! So goodluck and maybe with the new update 13.0 it will be fixed.

0 Kudos
iblastoff
Reel Rookie

my initial setup is a TCL (roku) TV and i have the streambar connected to it via HDMI ARC. so my TCL tv is actually running roku and doing the streaming while the streambar is acting as just a speaker.

i have 4 roku wireless speakers and the subwoofer (small version) connected.

in this instance i notice random popping (in netflix. amazon prime. i also have an HTPC running kodi which plays my local files and definitely pops there too)

i just tried switching completely over to the streambar (basically im 'opening' the roku streambar from my tvs roku menu) so it loads up Roku on the streambar instead. i *seem* to have gotten rid of pops but havent tried it long enough to make sure. will come back if i do hear more popping.

although this doesnt fix everything because now my issue is i cant run my HTPC since thats connected directly to the TV via hdmi. 

(obviously this doesnt help anyone if your setup isnt like mine with technically 2 roku devices)

ejordan525
Channel Surfer

I have this exact same setup. I switched over to using the Streambar as my Roku player instead of the TV over a month ago and haven’t had a single pop. They are both running the exact same software version. I’m hoping the fix will come in OS 13 because whenever I use my Apple TV 4K streaming device I get the popping sounds since it’s connected to the Roku TV.