Ujsmithj
Reel Rookie

Roku wireless subwoofer popping noise

I have tried the resolutions offered for my roku subwoofer and none have worked. I’m still getting the popping noise. What can I do now is it covered under warranty? 

serail R5415Y947140

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
112 REPLIES 112
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku wireless subwoofer popping noise

Hello! @Ujsmithj,

A friendly welcome from the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry to hear about the issue you reported and want to let you know that this is not the normal experience we expect from our products. 

• Is this the first time you set up this Roku subwoofer?
  • Is this the first time you have experienced this issue?

Please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device. This can be found in Settings> System> About.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ujsmithj
Reel Rookie

I have had my Roku subwoofer for about two years now and have never had this problem. Also, I provided serial information on my initial response. 

serial R5415Y947140

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @Ujsmithj!

Does this popping sound come up whenever you open the device or during streaming? Could you also route us to the issue by providing us a recording of it?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ujsmithj
Reel Rookie

The popping noise happens at random times, so it is hard to record. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Ujsmithj,

Thanks for your prompt response. We'll communicate this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We'll get back to you once receive any updates from them.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

@RokuArjiemar @RokuArjiemar 

my 2 surround sound speakers are making that same popping sound and it’s at random times as well. It started happening around 3 days ago. I’m responding to this thread because it sounds almost identical to what the wireless subwoofer popping noise the user was describing 

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dfresh567,

Welcome, and thanks for making your first post here in the Roku Community.

We see that you're seeing the same issue going on. Could you tell us how long you have been using this device? Does the issue occur during streaming or even if the device is turned on? Is this happening every time, or is this a sporadic behavior? 

Tell us more about this so that we can further zoom in on it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

@RokuERey 

it’s happening while streaming only. I’ve had the two surround speakers for less than a year. I got the subwoofer and streambar pro last year for Xmas and bought the two other speakers a handful on months after.  It only happens when it’s playing something while streaming. Thanks for any help you can provide. Big Roku fan here

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @Dfresh567!

In this case, we'll need to take a closer look into this. Please share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator