Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku tv MAC address shows wifi hardware missing

Thanks for getting back to us, @Clawson65!

We haven't received any information from you. You can go ahead and send me a PM of it.

We look forward to it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Clawson65
Binge Watcher

Just checking to see if you received the pictures I sent of the things you asked for to try to get my tv fixed.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Clawson65
Binge Watcher

Did you receive the picture information you asked for that I sent you? Still waiting on a reply.

0 Kudos
Sammieb

I'm having the same issue too, but mine is an Insignia Roku TV. I've done all the steps in this community thread too including a complete reset. I've also downloaded updates to a flashdrive and installed that to the tv. It is still saying "Wi-Fi hardware missing". I believe my issues started the same time as others on this thread in the mid-2023's according to time stamps in this community thread. I do not have the option to run an ethernet cord to this tv so wi-fi MUST work. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sammieb,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you informing us about this issue on your Insignia Roku TV. Have you tried using an Ethernet cable or an alternative network, like a mobile hotspot, to see if the same issue occurs?

If the issue persists, contacting the TV manufacturer's support team would be better.

It is important to note that Roku-partnered TVs are managed and produced by the Roku Operating System's TV manufacturer.

You can contact Insignia Roku TV support here.

Please keep us posted if there's anything else we can help you with.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

So I take it after reading all the post and replies, we have not yet found a solution to this issue? My tv has been working just fine and then without warning “Not connected to the internet” and “MAC address hardware is missing”. Seems like someone should be on this. 

Clawson65
Binge Watcher

There has been no solution offered to correct the problem. Both the Internet providers and the TV makers have been blamed for the problem and neither of them are at fault. It is Roku that has caused the problem and has not offered any kind of solution to fix the issue we all are having. I'm really disappointed with Roku not having a solution to fix this issue.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Clawson65 

Thanks for following up regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku TV that is receiving an error message and unable to connect with your wireless connection. We're sorry for the delay in a resolution. We would like to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

Upon checking, we haven't received the information that @RokuJohnB is requesting.

For us to proceed with the appropriate action to resolve this, could you please send us a private message with all the necessary details requested:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Could you also provide us with the make and model of your modem or router?
  • May we also know the IP address? (www.whatismyip.com)
  • Who is your internet service provider?

To learn more about how to send a private message, click this Community link: Help - Roku Community

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to assist you further. We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Cloverredhead,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We are sorry you are experiencing difficulties connecting your Roku device to your home network, and we appreciate you alerting us to this problem.

We will work with you to identify the issue to help you further and find a solution. To better understand your experience, kindly respond to the following questions:

• When did this issue first start occurring?
  • What Roku model device are you using?
  • Does connecting to a wireless Hotspot fix?
  • Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  • If you see something different, can you please let us know what you are seeing?
  • Can you please specify the troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
  • Have you tried taking a look here in our Support resources and following the steps to help get connected? How to connect your Roku streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet | Official Roku Su...

With more specific information from you, we can help you further. We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sheila2512

I'm having the same issue and I've tried everything that could be done including a hard reset and that didn't help either it's still saying wifi hardware missing. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.