Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lizh5
Reel Rookie

Roku tv MAC address shows wifi hardware missing

My onn roku tv will not try to scan for networks.  Under mac address it states that wifi hardware is missing. I have reset the tv, modem, router, everything.. Wifi is working with excellent signal. Other devices connect perfectly with no issue. I have cox internet. Im using 2.4ghz. I have tried to enter my network manually still does not work. I've tried to disable network pings on the secret menu and all. Reset wifi chip, nothing has worked..  Contacted roku support and they told me to contact tv manufacturer. Did that and all they told me was try to reset tv like I haven't done that already.  Then just said they'd follow up through email.. Im need help!

80 REPLIES 80
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku tv MAC address shows wifi hardware missing

Hi @Lizh5,

Thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about this issue on your ONN Roku TV when connecting to the network.

Have you tried using an Ethernet cable or an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you're still seeing the same issue occur?

Let us know more about this so that we can continue working on it. Thanks!

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lizh5
Reel Rookie

I have tried to connect to mobile hotspot, it did not work either.  Ethernet cable is the only option I have not tried, as Im trying to find and dig out an extra cable from out of the closet.

0 Kudos
Lizh5
Reel Rookie

My tv does not have an ethernet port and i do not think I have an adapter

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the follow-up, @Lizh5!

In this case, contacting the TV manufacturer's support team would be better.

It is important to note that Roku-partnered TVs are managed and produced by the Roku Operating System's TV manufacturer.

You can contact ONN TV support here.

If there's anything else that we can help you with, feel free to let the Community know about it.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mattiejom

I’m having the same issue with my Hisense. It’s making me so mad

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Mattiejom, have you tried contacting Hisense?

Where to get support for your Roku TV™ | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
eakinlem

Mine is doing the exact same thing. It has been this way for the past approx 3 months (I gave up and just used the smart feature on my tv). I had tried everything like you did and my WIFI has great signal and everything else works. I am about to try an Ethernet cable but I am not even sure if I have one. 

*scratch that I have a Roku streambar and I do not see a spot for an Ethernet cable.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @eakinlem,

Greetings!

We see that you're having a network connectivity issue, and we'd like to see how we can assist you with this one. Are you receiving any error codes? If so, what code or prompt does it show? Additionally, can you please provide us with an image referring to the issue you've shared with us?

We look forward to your response so we would be able to assist.

All the best,

Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Thank you for this discussion! It was helpful to me!

I also recommend you check this setapp.com post to learn how to find the best WiFi channel for your home or office. They have a great blog section about everything related to mac.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.