Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku tv MAC address shows wifi hardware missing

Hello Community Users!

We appreciate you for taking the time to share your post,

Thank you for bringing to our attention the issue you encountered with your MAC address wifi hardware missing. We're pleased to assist.

• How long have you been having connection issues?
  • Does this happen on every channel/ different device features that need an internet connection?
  • Has this happened before?
  • Were you able to connect it back to the internet after it happened the first time?

Troubleshooting:

1. We need to check your System Info screen

Go to Home on your Roku device

• Navigate to settings
  • Select Network
  • Select About

2. If the Wireless MAC Address displays all 0’s, then try performing a System restart.

• Press Home on your Roku remote
  • Scroll and select Settings
  • Select System
  • Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  • Select System restart

3. Once the System restart is complete, check if the MAC address still displays all 0’s. If this is the case, then perform a Factory reset.

• Press Home on your Roku remote
  • Scroll and select Settings
  • Select System
  • Select Advanced System settings
  • Select Factory reset everything

4. After performing a factory reset, check if the connection issue persists. If the Wireless MAC address remains displaying all 0’s, or if the connectivity issue persists, this can be identified as a hardware issue.

Please keep us posted on what you find out and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NewTVhelp

Right out of the box 65” on. 4k UHD SMART TV same issue missing Wi-Fi hardware

tried all could find to fix problem. Tv works with Ethernet cable. Will not locate any Wi-Fi signals we have. 
issue report tracker code.  ID T7-098-890

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @NewTVhelp,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We want to investigate further this issue that you're having with the Roku TV. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?
  • Has this device ever been able to have an internet connection?
  • Could you send us a photo of the error message or code that you're seeing right now?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RAender
Reel Rookie

Hey, everybody! I figured that I'd join the party, since my TCL RokuTV has been showing this error since mid November. Tried using it during Thanksgiving, wouldn't work. Set it aside until today, while prepping my guest room for use, and it is STILL giving the "wifi hardware missing". I have tried every single suggestion in this 7 page thread, to no avail. I have laughed literally out loud every single time a Roku employee chines in to tell yet another person to send their tv info for troubleshooting. THE PROBLEM IS ROKU, ROKU. Stop trying to blame-shift your way out of this! SEVEN PAGES of people telling you to fix the issue YOU caused, and you continue to gaslight us, as if we did this to ourselves! I saw someone mention a class action litigation, is that where this is going, Roku? Do we need to organize and sue you to get this rectified? There are a lot of people here who paid good money for a product the CAN'T use, and that is just really bad business. 

Make this right, Roku.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@RAender, the Wi-Fi hardware is part of the TV that was manufactured by TCL.  Roku can't do anything about it and from what I've heard about TCL support they're not likely to help either.  If your TV has an Ethernet port then you can use a wired connection.  A Wi-Fi extender with an Ethernet port could be added to the mix if your TV isn't close enough to your router to connect an Ethernet cable.  Beyond that, you may be able to find information on the Internet about how to repair the TV yourself.  Finally, you can just get another streaming box (Roku or otherwise), connect it to the TV, and use the TV as a "dumb" TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Shay1983

not connecting to the Internet

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Shay1983,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you with your Roku TV since it is not connecting to your internet. Please try to restart your modem and router. After restarting your wireless network connection or Wi-Fi, you need to restart your Roku TV by going to settings, system, power, and system restart.

You may also check out this support article here.

If the problem still continues, please keep us posted.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rochelleharris9
Reel Rookie

How can I go back to my Mac address 

Wi-Fi 

0 Kudos
Rochelleharris9
Reel Rookie

How do I get I get back to my Mac address Wi-Fi 

0 Kudos
Clawson65
Binge Watcher

The problem is with ROKU!!! They will not admit they created this issue with all of us. It is not the service provider nor the TV manufacturer like they keep saying. I'm so disappointed that ROKU is trying to blame everything except themselves for the problem they created. I laugh each time they give the same suggestions to each new person that has this problem. ROKU you created this problem but refuse to admit to it and fix it for all of us!!!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.