Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qumhh

Roku seems to keep turning my tv on

I have a new Roku Ultra and am using it with a Samsung tv. Whenever I turn the tv off, either with the Roku remote or the tv remote, the screen turns off for about 1 second, then the Roku light flickers and the tv turns back on.

The only way we can turn the tv off is to unplug it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Monkey5
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku seems to keep turning my tv on

My TCL-ROKU TV is doing exactly the same thing

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku seems to keep turning my tv on

Greetings, Community users! 

We appreciate you reaching out for support. We'd be happy to help you find the best resolution possible. 

It may be possible that the power button on your remote is stuck or it has something to do with the device itself. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to see if this will make any difference:

Reboot your Roku Ultra

• Unplug it through the HDMI port or plug it into a different port
  • Plug the power adaptor of your Roku Ultra directly into a power outlet
  • Ensure all of the cables are plugged in tightly

Reboot its remote

• If your rechargeable voice remote has a pairing button, press and hold the pairing button on the back of the remote for 20 seconds.
  • If your rechargeable voice remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. 

Let us know how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.