Benbakeresq
Reel Rookie

Roku remote muting Spectrum

I have a Roku Streaming Stick that I use with the Spectrum app. When I access the Spectrum guide and press the down arrow to scroll the guide, the down arrow mutes then unmutes the sound as I scroll down the guide. This also causes a lag in scrolling because the remote is scrolling down and muting/unmuting at the same time. I reset the Roku but nothing changed. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote muting Spectrum

Hi @Benbakeresq,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

Could you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Does the issue only occur on the Spectrum channel? In addition, have you tried replacing your remote with new batteries?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Benbakeresq
Reel Rookie

I typically only use the remote with Spectrum but I checked it with Pluto and Freevee and the down arrow causes muting on those platforms as well. In fact, I realized that muting is not just occurring while scrolling the guides. The down arrow is basically acting as the mute button for all platforms. 

I changed the batteries and that didn’t correct the issue. I appreciate any help you can provide. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Benbakeresq

Let's fix this issue by following the troubleshooting steps we have provided below:

1. Perform a system restart by navigating to Settings > System > Power (skip if not sub-menu) > System Restart.

2. Unplug the Roku streaming device for 1 minute, then plug it in again.

Once performed, kindly check to see if you're able to notice any improvements.

Let us know how it works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Benbakeresq
Reel Rookie

Thanks. I performed these steps but unfortunately the muting issue is still a problem. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Benbakeresq,

Thank you for keeping us updated and for your efforts to resolve this issue. Can you please inform us of when this behavior began to occur? 

Furthermore, if the remote in question came with the device, would you kindly provide us with the serial number of the device where the remote is currently paired? 

Please keep us informed. Thanks!

Best regards, 

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Benbakeresq
Reel Rookie

I apologize for the delay. This problem began to occur a couple months ago. I am using the remote that came with the Roku. The serial number is CU3811242469. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @Benbakeresq,

Thank you for responding. We have informed our Support team about your concern and suggest that you monitor your email as they will contact you through that channel. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us and share them with the Community.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos