Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ronda0718
Reel Rookie

Roku channel will not play anything I was it does it show the title I hit play nothing happened

ROKU channel will not play any of the free Contant movies or TV shows when I click play it says loading for a half a second and does not play, live TV does not work either on the Roku channel I’ve had this TV for maybe four months was working fine. Internet connection is fine update is up to date. I even tried deleting the Roku channel shutting down the TV then restarting the TV and re-download it the Roku channel that did not work. I even tried a factory reset that did not work., the only reason why I bought a Roku TV is because I do not like subscription services the free Contant is fine with me, please help this is the ID number          ID 8M-293-42

0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku channel will not play anything I was it does it show the title I hit play nothing happened

Hi @Ronda0718,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to look further into this issue that you're experiencing with the Roku channel, but we will need more details. Can you please provide the following information?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rainycm

Re: Roku channel will not play anything I was it does it show the title I hit play nothing happened

Same issue here! For several days. Nothing has worked to correct problem

0 Kudos
Rainycm

Click play on anything it askes for pin amd then nothing happens over and over 

I've unplugged, restarted, removed and readied channel nothing fixes it

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rainycm,

We understand that you're having issues trying to watch content on The Roku Channel. We'll be more than glad to assist you with this. Could you please provide the information requested by @RokuJohnB mentioned above in this thread? Once we have this information, we'll be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
johniem
Binge Watcher

same here, all my roku's are down on live stream. I even went as far as resetting router, to no avail. when tech did a tv reset I lost all and have spent 6 hrs to get my other streaming services back. Still no roku live streaming...movies or other programs.  😡

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for letting us know about this, and we do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Please be aware that our team is currently working on it as there is an outage going on. We suggest trying again later.

Once we have available information about this, we'll make sure to let the Community know.

Thanks for your understanding!

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
MommaWells
Channel Surfer

5 days later…. Update patch issued?? 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MommaWells,

Please be advised that currently, our appropriate Roku team is striving hard to investigate this issue that you're experiencing with the Roku channel. No worries. Once we have the information, we will make sure that we update this Community thread. In the meantime, can you please provide the following information so we can escalate this to the appropriate Roku team?

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
johniem
Binge Watcher

Roku has repaired the issue, 👍

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.