Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diver7

Roku Wireless Soundbar will not reconnect when TV is turned on

Jump to solution

I have a brand new Roku TV Model:55R4A5R/55R4AX and a new Roku Wireless Soundbar Model:9301R.

I paired them and it was working. A couple of times in the last 2 weeks, the sound is working fine and I turn the TV off for the night. The next morning I turn the TV on and I do not get any sound.

• TV is powered on
  • Soundbar is powered on (Status light is on, white and steady)
  • Pushing the volume buttons on the remote does nothing. The volume status does not even show in the upper right corner of the TV screen.

I have to unplug the soundbar, wait and plug it back in. Then it will connect to the TV and I have sound again. This workaround is not an acceptable solution.

It happened this morning and unplugging it connected it again. I also went so far as to do a factory reset on the soundbar this morning and then pairing it again. Time will tell if that helps or not.

Is there anything else I can do? Is the soundbar defective? I'm about ready to return both items and get something different.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Wireless Soundbar will not reconnect when TV is turned on

Jump to solution

Hi, @diver7 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand your concern regarding the  loss of connection with your Roku TV and Roku Wireless Soundbar, and we'd be happy to help. Let's set up your Fast TV Start feature to always maintain a connection to your Roku TV and Roku Wireless Soundbar.

When Fast TV Start is enabled, your Roku TV system always maintains the connection with its built-in speakers or a Roku wireless audio device, even when the TV is in standby. This allows you to use the built-in speakers, a pair of Roku wireless speakers, or a Roku TV Wireless Soundbar at any time, regardless if the screen is off or on.

• Note: Fast TV Start uses significantly more power than normal standby and overrides default power settings.

How to enable Fast TV Start

You can enable Fast TV Start on your Roku TV at any time using the instructions below:

1. Press Home on your TV remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power
  5. Select Fast TV Start
  6. Highlight Enable 'Fast TV Start' and check the box to enable it

We hope you find this informaton useful, and let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Wireless Soundbar will not reconnect when TV is turned on

Jump to solution

Hi, @diver7 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand your concern regarding the  loss of connection with your Roku TV and Roku Wireless Soundbar, and we'd be happy to help. Let's set up your Fast TV Start feature to always maintain a connection to your Roku TV and Roku Wireless Soundbar.

When Fast TV Start is enabled, your Roku TV system always maintains the connection with its built-in speakers or a Roku wireless audio device, even when the TV is in standby. This allows you to use the built-in speakers, a pair of Roku wireless speakers, or a Roku TV Wireless Soundbar at any time, regardless if the screen is off or on.

• Note: Fast TV Start uses significantly more power than normal standby and overrides default power settings.

How to enable Fast TV Start

You can enable Fast TV Start on your Roku TV at any time using the instructions below:

1. Press Home on your TV remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power
  5. Select Fast TV Start
  6. Highlight Enable 'Fast TV Start' and check the box to enable it

We hope you find this informaton useful, and let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.