Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crazybits
Level 7

Roku TVs in reboot loop..

2 Sharp Roku TVs are stuck in an infinate reboot loop. This happened right after Comcast upgraded our router...

When I unplug the comcast router the tv's work juts fine..

Something with the comcast router is causing a reboot loop...

Thoughts???
0 Kudos
6 Replies
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: Roku TVs in reboot loop..

Is the router also a WiFi access point? I'm wondering if the wifi changed, and your TVs can no longer reach it. When you're booting the TV's with the router off, have you tried plugging the router in after the TV reboots and setting up the network settings on the TV again? Try that. If you did try that:
Have you tried unplugging the TV for a minute and plugging it back in? Other than that, you may have to factory reset the TV's.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
crazybits
Level 7

I have tried all of the above. The only solution is to keep off the Comcast router. I am using my own ubiquiti APs. WiFi is disabled on the Comcast router
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

"crazybits" wrote:
I have tried all of the above.  The only solution is to keep off the Comcast router. I am using my own ubiquiti APs. WiFi is disabled on the Comcast router

Are you saying that if the TV fully boots with the router off, and turning the router on causes the TV to reboot itself? Or is everything fine until the TV is turned off and back on?
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
crazybits
Level 7

Everything works fine when the router is unplugged.

Plugging back in the router causes the reboot loop.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

I'd tell Comcast they need to replace their router. I have a Roku Premiere set up at my sister-in-law's house. She has Comcast and has no issues. How that router is causing that, I have no idea. But it shouldn't be doing it. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@crazybits 
Thanks for the note here. A few other questions here: 

- When did this first start occurring? 
- What is the specific make/model of the new router that Comcast installed in your house? 
- Can you describe the behavior in any additional detail? Does the TV boot up normally, then after a period of time it reboots, or what exactly do you see during this cycle? 

Please feel free to PM me with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your TV from Settings>System>About? I'll help take a closer look to see what else we can suggest. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos