Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lpplau
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TVs in reboot loop..

Roku TV by Sharp offered no help. I changed all the boards and didn't solve the problems. Roku referred you back to Sharp. Sharp referred you to Roku. Luckily I sold the TV as parts. Someone got a broken screen, I sold it for $100. I bought all the new boards and didn't fix anything but I was able to sell them back online and they all work with their purchases. If you hire someone to fix it, it cost as much buying a new one.

So that is my suggestion, sell it on FB and take your loss and promised yourself never buy Sharp again.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Thatgeekinit
Binge Watcher

TCL sent a warranty tech to replace the main board. He told me you can buy the parts and watching him, it’s pretty simple to open up these TVs and replace anything except the screen. 

0 Kudos
Jefsco
Reel Rookie

Yeah that's been my thoughts. Not only will I not buy a Sharp tv but I've been reading people have the same issue with other tvs that have Roku built in. The software updates are what bricked their TV for some. So I'll do like the rest of my TVs and have Rokus plugged in instead of built in. 

Thank you for the reply though!!

0 Kudos
GoodGuy2k2k
Binge Watcher

I have  HiSense 58" 58R6E stuck in same reboot loop. Replaced all boards and still does it. 
I think Roku is the problem and they wont fix it. NEVER buying anything ROKU ever again!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@GoodGuy2k2k

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend unplugging your router and then rebooting your Roku TV to see if you are able to resolve the issue.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GoodGuy2k2k
Binge Watcher

Tried the suggestion to turn router off (wifi) off altogether in my home. 

Rebooted TV but still in boot loop (even after trying reset and other methods with router turned off). 

After plugging TV in, power LED shows red for approx 5 seconds, then dims for 2 seconds, then goes dark for 3 seconds, then quickly flashes 2x, then dark for 3 seconds, then LED comes on red while HISENSE/ROKU TV LOGO appears on TV Screen, the screen goes dark and LED goes out after about 2 seconds (this the the boot loop..it just repeats). I've tried about 30 different combinations of reset button, remote power, tv power, plugging in power cord while holding reset (and letting go of reset button upon LED flash), etc, etc, etc ... nothing works to change the boot loop. 

When TV shows the logo, you hear a very slight click (like a relay turning on/off) somewhere behind the TCon board area (but inside the metal cavity where the LED's are). TV screen looks normal when logo appears but quickly goes black.  I assume this relay click is probably normal?

My tech experience tells me this is a software issue as something is supposed to be initializing right with the logo and it is not. I called HiSense Tech support multiple times and they tell me I have to call Roku for EVERYTHING SW related as Roku controls the SW. Yet ROKU says call Hisense. It's both companies not trying to fix the issue and leaving thousands of customers with defective TV's. 

IF ROKU has a FIRMWARE for this TV they need to release it now. You can't hurt the TV anymore than it already is...IT DOES NOT WORK.  It is VERY ODD that both companies refuse to acknowledge (or help) with a firmware fix option.  

Thanks for the suggestion but turning my router off does not fix the boot loop problem.  What's next?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@GoodGuy2k2k

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Thatgeekinit
Binge Watcher

The only thing that fixed this was the board replacement.

0 Kudos
GoodGuy2k2k
Binge Watcher

Thanks which board? Where did you source? 

0 Kudos
Thatgeekinit
Binge Watcher

Mine was a TCL under warranty so I just sat through the support ticket & phone queue long enough to get them to dispatch a tech. I assume it was the main board that has the Roku component.

0 Kudos