Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crazybits
Visitor

Roku TVs in reboot loop..

2 Sharp Roku TVs are stuck in an infinate reboot loop. This happened right after Comcast upgraded our router...

When I unplug the comcast router the tv's work juts fine..

Something with the comcast router is causing a reboot loop...

Thoughts???

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
29 REPLIES 29
jeffrok
Roku Guru

Re: Roku TVs in reboot loop..

Is the router also a WiFi access point? I'm wondering if the wifi changed, and your TVs can no longer reach it. When you're booting the TV's with the router off, have you tried plugging the router in after the TV reboots and setting up the network settings on the TV again? Try that. If you did try that:
Have you tried unplugging the TV for a minute and plugging it back in? Other than that, you may have to factory reset the TV's.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
crazybits
Visitor

I have tried all of the above. The only solution is to keep off the Comcast router. I am using my own ubiquiti APs. WiFi is disabled on the Comcast router
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

"crazybits" wrote:
I have tried all of the above.  The only solution is to keep off the Comcast router. I am using my own ubiquiti APs. WiFi is disabled on the Comcast router

Are you saying that if the TV fully boots with the router off, and turning the router on causes the TV to reboot itself? Or is everything fine until the TV is turned off and back on?
Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
crazybits
Visitor

Everything works fine when the router is unplugged.

Plugging back in the router causes the reboot loop.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I'd tell Comcast they need to replace their router. I have a Roku Premiere set up at my sister-in-law's house. She has Comcast and has no issues. How that router is causing that, I have no idea. But it shouldn't be doing it. 
Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

@crazybits 
Thanks for the note here. A few other questions here: 

- When did this first start occurring? 
- What is the specific make/model of the new router that Comcast installed in your house? 
- Can you describe the behavior in any additional detail? Does the TV boot up normally, then after a period of time it reboots, or what exactly do you see during this cycle? 

Please feel free to PM me with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your TV from Settings>System>About? I'll help take a closer look to see what else we can suggest. 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
jasonhille
Reel Rookie

My Roku TV is doing something different. It is a Sharp 58” and I’ve replaced the main board, power supply board, and sound/LED board, but it still keeps loading the Sharp Roku TV logo dimly and repeatedly without fully coming up.

there were no changes to any hardware on my network and utility power is stable on the outlet and UPS my entertainment devices are plugged into.

Unfortunate and regrettably untimely, we were 28 days outside of warranty. I don’t know how replacing all of the boards still maintains the same issue. Very unusual.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jasonhille 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting Sharp support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: http://www.sharpusa.com/CustomerSupport/ContactUs.aspx or at 1-888-935-8880.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Thatgeekinit
Binge Watcher

My TCL 55R625/ A109X is stuck in a reboot loop too.

It was trying to update to 9.3 since June and it was turning itself back on at night. It started to happen every night when I turned it off so I figured I'd factory reset to fix the bug.

Big Mistake!!!

Now it is stuck in Let's Get Started mode forever because as soon as it connects to the internet, it tries to update to 9.3 and fails back to 9.2.2 Build 6116-88 and then back to the Getting Started Screen again. I tried both factory reset methods. I have tried a USB upgrade. Nothing works!!!

Roku needs to pull the 9.3 code and stop bricking everyone's TV!!!  Now I'm waiting for Level 2 support from TCL after spending an hour on Level 1 running through the exact same steps I already tried on my own.

0 Kudos