Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SLP1090

Re: Roku TV not showing antennae channels in live TV

Jump to solution

My 2022 Roku TV had a TV input option to put antenna channels as a separate choice. When you watched antennae TV the streaming channels were listed right after which was perfect and user friendly! I liked this so much (along with live rewind TV using a USB) that I bought a new Roku TV for another room. The new Roku TVs DO NOT HAVE the same setup for TV inputs which seems to be the classic case of DO NOT FIX WHAT IS NOT BROKEN!  I spent hours trying ALL the suggestions for watching BOTH Streaming and Antenna channels without turning off and on the HIDING STREAMING CHANNELS, restarting TV, rescanning, or buying another device, etc., etc.  I do not know what ROKU intended and they need to make the options more clear and simple to use as before!  The following is not a solution provided by Roku or anywhere I searched, however  I ACCIDENTALLY DISCOVERED THIS:

1.  Choose "Hide Streaming Channels" in the TV INPUT> LIVE TV section

2. At Home screen there is a LIVE TV app with my other other apps in the middle of screen. It is a white app that shows ALL of my numbered antenna channels when I open it.

3. When I go to the options that are in a list on the left side of screen there is Live TV listed under Home.

4. Opening Live TV in the list shows a purple Live TV app labeled "Channel Guide" which shows streaming channels!

So now I have both and don't have to restart TV or rescan channels so I hope this helps others!

A simple solution for ROKU is to RENAME the choices: Streaming Live TV in list on left,  Antenna Live TV for the App.  ***However, ROKU reinstating the original setup in their new TVs  having Antenna TV as a TV input with streaming channels following would solve a lot of headaches and unhappy customers!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.