Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gds707ca
Level 7

Roku TV Wrong Time Zone & No Way to Correct

Jump to solution

I have a brand new 32” TCL Roku TV (Roku TV 8122X, TCL model 32S335, software ver. 9.4.2 build 4195-48).

I have a solid wifi and Internet connection and the device seems to work fine.  EXCEPT it WILL NOT display the correct time.

I am in Northern California in the Pacific time zone.  This tv is showing Eastern time.  Right now, the TV (and the OTA channel guide) displays 9:24 pm, but it’s 6:24 pm.  And there is no way I can find to change/set/adjust the time.  I’ve been through every menu, and there just is no time nor time zone setting.

This is UNACCEPTABLE and problematic.  Please advise how to correct this problem.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku TV Wrong Time Zone & No Way to Correct

Jump to solution

Hi @gds707ca,

Thanks for getting in contact. 

We would recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information regarding how to change time zone: How do I change the format of the clock? - Roku

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @gds707ca,

Thanks for getting in contact. 

We would recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information regarding how to change time zone: How do I change the format of the clock? - Roku

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
gds707ca
Level 7

Jump to solution

As I mentioned in my original post, there is no option for “time” settings within either the settings menu nor the advanced settings option.

So unfortunately, your support page (which I previously read) doesn’t help at all.

0 Kudos
gds707ca
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've already responded once to report that this particular TV has no "time" settings options whatsoever.  No options for 12-hour vs. 24-hour.  No options to set time zone.  I've specified my zip code, but that's made no difference whatsoever to the clock settings.

In other words, there is no:  Home > Settings > System > Time > Clock option.  I can drill down to "system" but there simply is no "time" option.

So HOW does a customer fix a problem with the clock?  The lack of a supplemental reply tells me that the answer must simply be, "you can't."  How is that acceptable, when part of the TV's functionality relies on the clock settings (e.g. live tv guide)??

0 Kudos
se546
Level 7

Re: Roku TV Wrong Time zone

Jump to solution

I live in West Virginia and i can't remember what the time zone is suppose to be on. Is it supposed to be on eastern time or pacific?

0 Kudos