Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
G-Ma63

Someone in my building is tapping in, on my Roku. How do I stop it?

Every once in a while, my Roku tv is making this very loud sound when I turn it on. When I try and change the channel, it's so loud it scares me! I just turn the TV off and unplug it.

Today my daughter, who also has a Roku tv, saw a pop up from Roku on her phone asking for an ok for someone to log in. This someone lives in my building. How do we stop this?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Someone in my building is tapping in, on my Roku. How do I stop it?

Hi @G-Ma63

Thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching us regarding this matter. No worries, we'd be more than willing to find you the best resolution for this.

May we know what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to reproduce the issue you've been experiencing? Also, kindly provide us with a photo or screenshot whenever the issue occurs.

In addition, may we know if your Roku TV is connected to a private or public wireless network?

Looking forward to your response!

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.