Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gds707ca
Channel Surfer

Roku TV Wrong Time Zone & No Way to Correct

Jump to solution

I have a brand new 32” TCL Roku TV (Roku TV 8122X, TCL model 32S335, software ver. 9.4.2 build 4195-48).

I have a solid wifi and Internet connection and the device seems to work fine.  EXCEPT it WILL NOT display the correct time.

I am in Northern California in the Pacific time zone.  This tv is showing Eastern time.  Right now, the TV (and the OTA channel guide) displays 9:24 pm, but it’s 6:24 pm.  And there is no way I can find to change/set/adjust the time.  I’ve been through every menu, and there just is no time nor time zone setting.

This is UNACCEPTABLE and problematic.  Please advise how to correct this problem.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
gds707ca
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TV Wrong Time Zone & No Way to Correct

Jump to solution

I had to factory reset mine 4-5 times and then it finally worked correctly.

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

I just fixed my time zone problem. Push the homme button 5x then the ff button 3x and the rewind button 2x a menu will pop up and choose software update. I had to do the process 2x the 1st time the time changed but wasn't correct so I did it again and the correct time displayed 

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @gds707ca,

Thanks for getting in contact. 

We would recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information regarding how to change time zone: How do I change the format of the clock? - Roku

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
gds707ca
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

As I mentioned in my original post, there is no option for “time” settings within either the settings menu nor the advanced settings option.

So unfortunately, your support page (which I previously read) doesn’t help at all.

gds707ca
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've already responded once to report that this particular TV has no "time" settings options whatsoever.  No options for 12-hour vs. 24-hour.  No options to set time zone.  I've specified my zip code, but that's made no difference whatsoever to the clock settings.

In other words, there is no:  Home > Settings > System > Time > Clock option.  I can drill down to "system" but there simply is no "time" option.

So HOW does a customer fix a problem with the clock?  The lack of a supplemental reply tells me that the answer must simply be, "you can't."  How is that acceptable, when part of the TV's functionality relies on the clock settings (e.g. live tv guide)??

se546

Re: Roku TV Wrong Time zone

Jump to solution

I live in West Virginia and i can't remember what the time zone is suppose to be on. Is it supposed to be on eastern time or pacific?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
gds707ca
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had to factory reset mine 4-5 times and then it finally worked correctly.

PaulKeepsItReal
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the exact same problem. It’s absolutely ludicrous that in the year 2021 a smart TV would be lacking one of the most basic functions, the ability to set the time.

So disappointing. And obviously, by the tone and cluelessness of her response, @RokuMary-F doesn’t care to help solve the problem, or even fully read the question you posted.

Swyatt42

Jump to solution

Settings-system-system update (check for updates and download). Back to system-power-system restart.  Voila 

JoeFabeets

Jump to solution

I have the TCL Roku 43 inch and I have the same problem. Did a factory reset and nothing. Checked for system updates and it's up to date. It's currently 8:15 p.m. eastern time and it's showing 12:45 a.m. and there is no way to change it.