Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just bought a TCL Roku TV and it's stuck in recovery Mode

It started in recovery mode as soon as I turned it on, It will not do a network update, and the codes it gives me for a USB update will not work either.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9

Roku TV Serial X00000MC2ES1 stuck on startup screen

Roku TV is stuck on the startup screen. I did the 30 second reset and also the 30-30-30 reset. After reset, the tv gets to the start up screen, select English and my home starlink wifi. Then roku finds an update. There is no option to skip the update, so i select “update”. After the update completed, the TV restarts. But shortly after it gets stuck on the redish start up screen showing Roku on the screen. Is there any way to get past this problem?

0 Kudos

Re: Roku TV Serial X00000MC2ES1 stuck on startup screen

Sanyo model: FW55R79RC_A

0 Kudos

Roku TV : C619X

0 Kudos

Device ID: S02HK00C2ES1

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

Thank you for keeping us informed. We understand that you're having issues with your Roku TV. To further assess the issue you're having, could you provide us with precise details?

1. When did the issue start?
  2. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
  3. Could you send us a photo of the said issue?

With more details, we'll be able to provide you with an accurate resolution.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NickT2
Reel Rookie

Can't get to the home screen

IMG_0885.jpeg

I get stuck on this screen and then it shuts off and comes back to this screen. The red light also blinks. 

I have tried power cycling... did not help. 

I tried factory reset. It goes into recovery mode. After going through all that and it restarts it goes back to the screen in the picture. It will cycle through that several times and then back to the recovery mode screen. It's been a very circular process that is going no where. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't get to the home screen

Hi @NickT2,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop. We appreciate the details you have provided as well as the troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to fix the issue.

Rest assured, we'll flag this concern to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. To help the team better assess this issue, could you provide us with the following details?

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID (kindly skip if this option is unavailable).
Once we have gathered a few more pieces of information, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NickT2
Reel Rookie

@RokuJanadeeK 

I tried to follow the steps you asked me to do but it did not work. I have attached the information I have.

Thank you 

IMG_0898.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @NickT2!

Thanks for reaching out. 

Rest assured that I will coordinate this with the appropriate team for further investigation. Once I've been notified of any updates from the team, I'll let you know.

Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.