Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jedhajjar

Connecting gigstrem Wi-Fi to Roku

Jump to solution

Please I need help. I’m trying to connect my Roku TV to a gig stream Wi-Fi network that I have I have no router or modem. It’s a Wi-Fi Internet provider that I have it just giving me enable to connect to wireless network error 014 I tried everything From resetting the TV to resetting network connection to unplugging the TV and nothing it works. I contacted the gig stream support and they said it should connect. If it doesn’t connect I should contact the manufacturer. Can someone help? Thank you 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Connecting gigstrem Wi-Fi to Roku

Jump to solution

Hello! @jedhajjar,

We appreciate your post in the Roku Community!

Thank you for contacting us about your Roku TV having an issue connecting to your wireless network with the error message 014. We're pleased to assist. 

Troubleshooting steps

1. Power cycle the Roku device for 30 seconds
  2. Restart the router/ gigstrem Wifi
  3. You can perform a Network Connection Reset on your Roku device by going to Settings > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset > Reset connection.
  4. After the network reset, your Roku device will restart, and you will need to return to the Settings menu to set up your wireless network again.

If the problem persists, you can connect your streaming device to a mobile hotspot as a temporary workaround to ensure there is no issue with your device.

If you can connect to your mobile hotspot, we advise you to tell your internet provider that your Roku device gets connected to your Mobile Hotspot.

For additional troubleshooting steps, please see this article: How to fix internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Connecting gigstrem Wi-Fi to Roku

Jump to solution

Hello! @jedhajjar,

We appreciate your post in the Roku Community!

Thank you for contacting us about your Roku TV having an issue connecting to your wireless network with the error message 014. We're pleased to assist. 

Troubleshooting steps

1. Power cycle the Roku device for 30 seconds
  2. Restart the router/ gigstrem Wifi
  3. You can perform a Network Connection Reset on your Roku device by going to Settings > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset > Reset connection.
  4. After the network reset, your Roku device will restart, and you will need to return to the Settings menu to set up your wireless network again.

If the problem persists, you can connect your streaming device to a mobile hotspot as a temporary workaround to ensure there is no issue with your device.

If you can connect to your mobile hotspot, we advise you to tell your internet provider that your Roku device gets connected to your Mobile Hotspot.

For additional troubleshooting steps, please see this article: How to fix internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos