Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tmc284
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TV Constantly Factory Resets Itself

I'm not currently near the tv, will be later this week. I'll provide the information then. I know it's on version 9.4 and a 65" Hitachi. I can't reach the serial number unless it's in the settings. The tv is attached to the wall. The issue started January of this year. When it restarts itself it just goes off for at least 24 hours and when it eventually turns back in it'd goes to demo mode. 

cwebermc67

TCL tv keeps wanting to set up as a new device. Even after its been set up 20 times

I have set up my TCL tv at least 20 times.  Set the network, get the email to connect to my account, or used to use the code.  Allow it to down load all 80 apps.  It works for a while and then I come back and I see the "lets get started" screen to set it up as a new device.  How do I make this stop?  The TV is running the lastest Roku OS....The last time I set it up (2 days ago) it did an update on everything.  

Keeps Factory Resetting itself

Tech help...i purchased a roku 55" tv about 2 months ago. It keeps "resetting" to factory settings and i have to go back and set up everything from the VERY beginning. It has done this about 10 times since i have it. It JUST did it again this morning wiping everything out. I have to now go and load up codes wifi passwords etc.
Do i have a bad TV? Brand new from walmart

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL tv keeps wanting to set up as a new device. Even after its been set up 20 times

@cwebermc67 @Redfishmagic 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-when did you start seeing this issue occur
-summary of the issue you are seeing

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WriterVan

Re: TCL tv keeps wanting to set up as a new device. Even after its been set up 20 times

It's not the TV, because my Roku Stick Plus keeps factory setting every couple hours or more. Thus Roku needs to stop sending you to the TV companies. My Stick Plus is less than 2 months old. It just started last night. I've always powered it by wall outlet. I'm not even using a TV but a monitor. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@WriterVan

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that you've posted in a TV board thread and that the issue you are experiencing may not be related to what other users are experiencing. 

If you need further assistance, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ksch429

In case anyone is still having this issue... my TCL Roku TV was purchased in November 2019, so it’s only about a year and a half old. The only way I am able to even use this TV now is by turning it into a non-smart TV. TCL Support said my TV is out of the warranty period and there is nothing they can do for me.

Make your TV non-smart: https://support.tcl.com/rokutv-setup-configuration/02-turning-off-the-roku-features-of-your-tcl-smar...

And I had an extra Roku Stick lying around, so after following the instructions above, I connected the Roku Stick via HDMI.

So now I can still use the TV but have to keep it on HDMI-1 and have to use the stick for my Roku access. It’s dumb AF but has solved my issue for cheaper than repair or a new TV. 😕

jec580

RokuDanny-R

i have the same problem

@jec580 

SaraRubin
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R 

I am not the original poster but I am having the same problem as the original poster. Can you please provide me with an email to send the information too to fix this issue?

This is happening every single night/day and I am going crazy because the TV is decently new, probably at the year mark.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @SaraRubin

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos