Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tmc284
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TV Constantly Factory Resets Itself

I have contacted Hitachi regarding this issue several times and was told to contact Roku. I've been getting conflicting information regarding the issue. It just happened again. I keep the tv on now and let is shut off after about 15 minutes of inactivity and it will start back up normally, most of the time. I'm just disappointed in a tv that we don't use all the time is having issues. 

0 Kudos

My Roku TV is doing this same thing. The TV is not that old, about 2 years old. It keeps factory resetting, I'll be watching something and maybe about 2 hours it suddenly shuts off and turns back on with a screen that says "Let's get started." I end up having to enter all of my account info for Roku and all the apps, when I choose Netflix or another app, I  have to log in all over again. 

My tracker issue ID: 67-485-275

Roku TV 7132X

TCL model 55S421

Serial number YNOO134O7367

Device ID J599A1407367

Software version 10.5.0 Build 4210-30

I believe that is all the info you need, please let me know how to fix it.

Thanks,

Michelle 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Freeflamingo

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
SaraRubin
Reel Rookie

Funny how Roku says go to the TV manufacturer and the TV manufacturers say go to Roku. Helpful sooooooo very helpful. 

0 Kudos
TechD87
Channel Surfer

Started experiencing this myself on Friday. Troubleshoot multiple methods until I finally called Roku, they did the exact same things and said call TCL... called TCL and because it's out of warranty, they can't do anything...

Normally it would factory reset roughly every 30min regardless if I'm watching something... so now I decided not to sync my account. I'm at an hour now with no issue... so the problem may not be hardware, but software after syncing the account...

Thoughts?

TechD87
Channel Surfer

1:15min... from keeping it as a "dumb" TV and not syncing my account. Factory reset itself again.

I'm really thinking hardware issue now.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@TechD87

Thanks for the post.

This would appear to be a hardware issue that the TV manufacturer will need to investigate. 

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can contact TCL here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DeniseAb

Re: Keeps Factory Resetting itself

RTCL Roku TV keeps resetting itself also every couple minutes. We ordered a new remote still doing the same thing unplugged reset 20 times a day

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Keeps Factory Resetting itself

Hey @DeniseAb

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Please see @RokuDanny-R's post above. The TV manufacturer's customer support team is the best one to help you with that matter. 

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: TCL tv keeps wanting to set up as a new device. Even after its been set up 20 times

I have the hitachi 55" roku tv

Model No. 55R82

Serial No. TH0DD22414

I started seeing this issue occur a few months ago.  My TV constantly restarts and factory resets. I can set it up to a certain point then it turns off, turns back on, and it did a factory reset. I can't get it to stay on long enough to view an error message or to find anymore information than I've provided, I had to look at the back of the TV. 

I've unplugged the TV, leaving it that way for months. And tonight I tried it again. Many people also have this issue. This TV is just under 2 years old so I wouldn't expect it to fail so soon. Please give me a solution to this problem because I am beyond frustrated. 

0 Kudos