Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Akbanana

Re: Roku TCL TV insanely dim/dark screen

Jump to solution

Unplugged tv and plugged back in worked for me.

Kahshe1

Jump to solution

All I do is factory reset but then I need to sign onto every app again pain in the ass

boone1

Jump to solution

Did you ever get this problem resolved? I am having the same or similar problem regarding dim/dark screen. I have also submitted a support ticket. Have tried many factory resets, etc. Nothing works.

Behemoth2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yeah, I ended up getting a new TV 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @boone1

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Awaldo

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem but i have soft reset, hard reset, factory reset, cycled through the brightness settings, unplugged while the TV was on, held the power button while the TV was unplugged, left unplugged for 10 mins. Its still the same very dim screen and I made sure it was updated. What else can I do?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Awaldo,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community and thanks for letting us know what troubleshooting steps you've done to try to resolve the issue.

You'll need to get in touch with the manufacturer of your Roku TV for more help and assistance with this type of issue. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can locate Roku TV support contact information here 

Keep us posted with what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
capnted

Re: Roku TCL TV insanelysame dim/dark screen

Jump to solution

This solution worked for me. But I'm not looking forward to doing this often. I've had the TV for less than a month. Has anyone returned the TV due to this problem? Is it TCL or Roku? I suspect it's TCL.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @capnted,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If the issue still persists, we recommend contacting your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here or call their TCL support at 1-877-300-8837.

Keep us posted with what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Joannlotito14
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Go into settings and see what mode your tv is on I had it on vivid & my tv went very dim I switched it to movie & normal and it’s no longer dim sometimes those modes give out 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.