cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonathanSN
Reel Rookie

Roku Streambar sound cutting out while using HDMI

Hello,

I, like many others here, am incredibly frustrated with the constant audio cutouts (randomly, at least 2-3 times per hour, sometimes 2-3 times every 5 min) while using HDMI sources connected to the TV. This issue is beyond annoying — it's a total "show stopper". (no audio cutout observed when using roku OS, although not using it a lot).

I've gone through all the usual "troubleshooting" steps: swapping HDMI cables, power cycling the Streambar, etc., yet the problem still persists. When I use another soundbar from a different brand with the same TV and cables, it works perfectly — no issues, for years.

What is even more frustrating is reading this issue has been ongoing for years with no real solution. Roku’s typical response of "we will contact you separately" is just lip service — it does little for the community at large, the expected purpose of this site.

If this doesn’t get fixed very soon, I’ll be returning this product while I’m still within the return window. It's a shame because when it does work, the bar offers great value, but this constant audio dropout is unacceptable.

My model 9102EU | SW 13.1.4.1515 | device ID 2E1288XXXXXX

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar sound cutting out while using HDMI

Welcome, @JonathanSN.

Thanks for sharing it here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're experiencing an audio issue with your Roku Streambar intermittently cutting in and out. Rest assured that we'll work on this together so you can quickly get back to uninterrupted streaming. 

Have you tried it on a different TV to see if the issue persists? Also, will you please try to do a factory reset on your Streambar and let us know if that resolves the issue? 

We recommend trying these steps and getting back to us on what you find out. 

Regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JonathanSN
Reel Rookie

Hello, thank you for your answer and suggestions.

I did perform a factory reset (you or your tech team should see the logs), and made sure to make 0 settings adjustments.
Same behavior: in less than 10min of video playback through HDMI I get the sound cuts.

I don’t have another TV to test the soundbar, but I would expect that if a type of TV is incompatible with the bar it would be well documented (TCL Google TV 43QLED770 from 2023, it seems you are also collaborating to offer TCL Roku TVs) ?

Also, I forgot to mention in the first message that on top of different cables, I also tested with different HDMI sources (Mac, windows laptop, fireTV stick) and on different HDMI port of the TV.

Please don’t put the issue as “resolved/solution” as soon as you offer a troubleshooting step, as it is not fixing the issue raised (same for other posts, when new joiners expect to see a solution in the "solution" link while in fact it's just a common troubleshooting step suggested, not necessarily solving the issue).

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @JonathanSN!

We truly understand that the above-suggested steps did not resolve the issue. We'll surely take note of the reminders about the posts marked as fixed; we appreciate your feedback. 

Since we've exhausted all the possible troubleshooting steps available, we'd like to bring this one step higher and thoroughly review the problem you're currently running into. To do that, will you please supply the following details below: 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

We are dedicated to getting you back on streaming, and having to provide this information will help us kick-start the investigation process. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JonathanSN
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your follow up and your understanding,

Below are the details requested:

Model: 9102EU - Roku Streambar
Serial number: YL008J114838 (2E1288114838)
Software version: 13.1.4 • build 1515-95
GC version: 12.3.18

ID 38-386-975 at 2024-09-25117:35:422

ID 38-386-987 at 2024-09-25T17:47:422

RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate you for getting back here, @JonathanSN.

Thanks for supplying all the needed details for the investigation process. We are grateful for your cooperation and your understanding as we work together to resolve this issue. 

We'll pass this over to the relevant team for a thorough review. Rest assured that we will update you as soon as a resolution has been made. 

We hope everything will be sorted out for you soon. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JonathanSN
Reel Rookie

Hello Emman, thank you for the feedback.
Do you have some news from the relevant teams? Or an estimated time of analysis results?

Here are few other ones which happened from last time (far from exhaustive list):

Timestamp: 2024-09-26T11:21:06Z
Please use issue ID 38-388-041

Timestamp: 2024-09-26T11:27:28Z
Please use issue ID 38-388-047

Timestamp: 2024-09-26T17:42:50Z
Please use issue ID 38-388-422

Timestamp: 2024-09-26T17:59:27Z
Please use issue ID 38-388-439

Timestamp: 2024-09-27T10:01:18Z
Please use issue ID 38-389-401

Timestamp: 2024-09-27T10:04:34Z
Please use issue ID 38-389-404

Best regards

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.