Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steveweree
Reel Rookie

Re: Streambar suddenly buzzing/cracking/distortion after a few months!

Follow on to prior post:   I tried to recall what changed prior to the distortion occurring, after 1 year of flawless operation.  I did switch the speech clarity to Low.  I replicated the sequence, switched bass back on, but it is working fine now - no distortion regardless of Bass or speech clarity setting.  I expect it will come back. 
One other note:  The distortion, when it was there, occurred on streaming channels and on TV audio over optical cable. 
Hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
KidSolo22
Reel Rookie

Yeah mines started doing the same thing about a week ago got mines from Amazon in April 2021

0 Kudos
shawn_simon
Channel Surfer

Re: Sound distortion & static

I bought 2 soundbars in late 2020/early 2021,  and they both sounded "blown" almost immediately. Roku customer service begrudgingly replaced one. (I'd bought a Bose system previously but couldn't get it to remain connected, so new Roku system seemed ideal).  has anyone else had trouble with these earlyaw models? awful. I want to purge and find something solid. I'm not a sound nerd obviously just want to listen to a movie, pandora (buh bye spotify) without cringing , Want a sound boost under $500. Thanks. I think perhaps Roku should recall these early models? ive been loyal to Roku since its conception, I like the little guy! haven't switched to Apple device despite only using iphones and imacs- 3 new phones and computers on average every 18 months-it  adds up FFS. thanks

Shawn Simon
0 Kudos
shawn_simon
Channel Surfer

Re: Sound distortion & static

i think Roku knows their first product roll out sucked.

Shawn Simon
0 Kudos
shawn_simon
Channel Surfer

ROKU PR/Corporate needs to respond to this issue, its beneath their normal level of quality

THe first edition sound bar is a crackling old hen on its last breath. Honestly they should offer us replacements at 50% off. The hours Ive wasted testing, buying expensive hdmi/optical cords. not happy.

Shawn Simon
0 Kudos
ECSIII

Re: ROKU PR/Corporate needs to respond to this issue, its beneath their normal level of quality

My Streambar was a Christmas present a year ago and about 2 months ago began badly misbehaving with there being no changes made to it or to any related equipment.  Now regardless of the source used, including Roku streaming Paramount+, SiriusXM, Prime, etc.; cable TV channels; Netflix; Sony DVD player; and others, there’s awful intermittent static and heavy bass distortion on my Streambar.  Since the problem started, I have tried every possible remedy mentioned in this topic with no lasting solution.  This is extraordinarily frustrating and very poorly reflects on Roku.  Please do the right thing, Roku, and contact me about replacing this faulty unit with one that will work reliably for more than 11 months.

Model 9102R
Serial # YL009J819039

Sincerely,
Ed

JunkB
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R 

Hi Danny,

I still haven't heard anything. I have only had the speaker 4 months so I'd like to get this sorted. Thanks a mill.

Adam 

0 Kudos
EagleObi
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streambar Sound distortion & static

I too am experiencing issues with sound from my Streambar even with Bass turned off.

I have tried resetting several times and it has got progressively worse over the last couple of weeks to the point I’m no longer using it. 

Roku Streambar 

Model: 9102EU Roku Streambar

Serial: YL004R658581

Software: 10.5.0 build 4210-95

Device: 2E10D4658581

Purchased through Amazon in May 2021

0 Kudos
jlsako

streambar static and crackling noise

Purchased Streambar in March 2021 was working perfectly then static and popping on every stream...changed cables,  tested on another TV then Factory Reset.  Static only goes away when bass is disabled. HARDLY used the device!  Speaker shot??? 

Model 9102X

SN 2A10C8499767

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar Sound distortion & static

@ECSIII @EagleObi

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have forwarded your concern and information to our team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator