Vschuring
Reel Rookie

Re: Sound distortion & static

It’s been 4-6 months since I gave them my info on my sounds bar and haven’t heard anything from anyone at Roku. I’m over it and moving on to a a better product and a company that actually responds and cares about their products. Doesn’t seem like they know why it happened and aren’t doing anything to fix it.

0 Kudos
CascadeBruce
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streambar Sound distortion & static

Hello Roku,

someone from your support team reached out requesting yet again the serial number. While I was looking that up I seem to have completely lost the message so I can’t now respond. Can you please have support reach out again. The speaker has become almost unusable. I have tried changing the hdmi cable and using the settings suggested but nothing helps. It happens on every service, but can be better or worse depending on the soundtrack. It’s generally better with only dialogue and worse the more music and sound effects. 

model - 9102R

serial - YL0099635794

software - 10.5.0 - build 4210-95

cascadebruce

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CascadeBruce,

Thanks for following up.

I can see that you’ve been in contact with our support team recently regarding your audio issue with your Roku Streambar, we would recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing and keep an eye on your email as they would best be able to assist you.
We sincerely appreciate your patience.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DwanyO9

My sound bar is also distorted.  Seems this is a common occurrence with no fixing it.  That we have to spend so much money on an item that lasts less than a year is wrong!   

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DwanyO9,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're running into! I'd be happy to help take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Haveinmind
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue and I just bought mine on November 2021. 4 months later and I had to cancel the bass in order to use the streambar sound with no distortion/static. 

Model 9102R-Roku streambar
SN: YLOOO2583721
Device ID: 2A1110583721
Software Version: 10.5.0*Build 4210-95
Tracker ID: 21-103-532

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Haveinmind

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have forwarded your concern and information to our team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
elderdt
Reel Rookie

My streambar, purchased in May , is now badly distorting the bass.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @elderdt,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I understand that you are experiencing distortion sound with your Roku Streambar, is that correct?

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue?

Once with the information, I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
VMLeyva85
Reel Rookie

I have the exact same issue. Just over night. No one else noticed it but me, and since then it has gotten worse. I've tried all the tricks and tricks.... I've bought the most expensive HDMI Cable the money in my back pocket could afford....and nothing. 

I can't find a solution. Anyone? Please help? I'm about to send this straight to Roku.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.