RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku speakers an making cracking and popping sounds

Hello! @Capnpickard,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're truly sorry to hear about the crackling sound issue you're experiencing with your Roku Streambar Pro. Please know that we're here to help you resolve this.

We would be more than happy to investigate further, but we will need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information:
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PTznic9yet
Streaming Star

@RokuArjiemar @RokuTakashi @RokuJanadeeK I opened this case almost 6 months ago. Any word on a fix?

0 Kudos
PTznic9yet
Streaming Star

any solution yet?

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @PTznic9yet,

Thanks for the update,

We understand your concerns and have escalated this to the appropriate Roku team for further assistance.

We haven't heard back yet, but don't worry—we'll let you know as soon as we do.

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PTznic9yet
Streaming Star

@RokuArjiemar Don't worry? It's not a matter of being worried. It's about being able to use a product I paid for. We're not asking for something extraordinary, we just want the Roku speakers to work as advertised.

0 Kudos
StopthePopPlz
Reel Rookie

Just posting that I DM'd my Tracker ID etc. as requested a few months ago. I didn't get any sort of fix confirmation, but I have not experienced in the issue recently, so it seems whatever software issue was causing my particular pops was fixed.

0 Kudos
Looper73

Streambar crackling sound

Just started happening. On all channels. Tried off and on again. Tried reset. Nothing is fixing it. 
please help 

Serial Number - YL006M289541

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streambar crackling sound

Hello! @Looper73,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having trouble with the crackling sound from your Roku Streambar. We're pleased to assist you. 

We would be more than happy to investigate further, but we will need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information:
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Shermy29

Me too. Snap crackling and popping. I think it’s particularly bad during high quality surround sound. I just watched (tried) the bear part III and it has a lot of music in the episode. Roku please fix this or we are all just going to buy new stuff and literally had your products. And STOP being polite while you are telling us you have no update and no known time to expect an update. Fix your product or lose customers. 

Issue report tracker

Model: 9101R2 = Roku Streambar Pro

Serial number: YL003S366347 (3K6223366347)

Software version: 13.0.0 • build 24056-95

GC version: 11.8.15

Timestamp: 2024-06-29T05:01:35Z

Please use issue ID 47-259-501 to report the current issue.

0 Kudos
coderroggie
Channel Surfer

Still hearing the issue. Where are we at in the troubleshooting? Can I get a refund?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.