Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Update 13.0 still has popping issue

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community, @TopKelly,

We appreciate your taking the time to report the issue with your Roku device's popping sound. We want to assist you and learn more about this.

When you hear a popping sound, does it affect all the channels on the platform, or is it just a specific case? Also, is this a recent issue, or have you experienced it before?

In the meantime, please try restarting your device or enabling Automatic Volume Leveling from the settings menu to see if that resolves the issue. Start here for step-by-step instructions:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote  

2. Scroll and select Setting.
  3. Select Audio
  4. Select Volume modes and choose the desired setting
    • Off: Volume modes are inactive, and content volume is unmodified.
    • Leveling: This feature enables consistent volume across different types of entertainment, so you do not have to change the volume every time you switch channels or a commercial comes on.
    • Night: The volume of soft sounds like whispering is increased while the volume of loud sounds like explosions is decreased, making it easier to hear your show at night without disturbing others.

For more information, this support article may help: How do I use volume modes on my Roku streaming device?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jason187
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Streambar Pro (9101x) popping noise after an update

Jump to solution

Terrible!!! Just look through these threads and read all the numerous complaints about the “Popping and Crackling” from the systems regardless if there are surrounds or not. I bought the whole 5.1 in ‘23 and to this day my whole system STILL pops and nothing has been done to fix this issue. It’s not a fluke, look at the comments and posts and you judge from that!!! They had my support, they got my money, and I have 5 paperweights now that can’t reach any volume without popping….Sad!!!

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Jason187,

Thanks for the follow-up,

Have you tried updating your device? Follow the instructions below to manually check for software and app updates.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Software update
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates

If new software is available or there are updates for your apps, your Roku device will download and install them automatically. Once the installation is complete, your device will reboot.

If the issue persists, we will need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm having a similar issue with my Streambar Pro after updating to OS 12.5 on October 31, 2023. Popping noises started in the Subwoofer Pro and the right-rear speaker when streaming music via Bluetooth from my Samsung Galaxy A13 (Android 13). This happens with Amazon Music and Spotify, across all streaming levels.

I tried factory resetting as advised by Roku support, but it didn't help. This problem started with OS 12.5; everything was fine with OS 12.0.

Roku, please revert to OS 12.0 until this issue is fixed and update your support scripts to avoid unnecessary steps for users.

My setup: TCL Roku TV, Streambar Pro, 4 Roku wireless speakers, Roku wireless subwoofer.

0 Kudos
erenjad3

Jump to solution

My sound system has recently started acting up after a recent software update. There’s a strange buzzing noise coming from the speakers whenever I play music on Spotify using Bluetooth from my phone. The issue occurs on all sound levels, and it only started after the new update. I tried resetting the system, but unfortunately, it didn't fix the problem. Everything was working perfectly fine before the update, so I believe the new software might be the cause. It would be really helpful if the previous software version could be restored until this issue is sorted out. It would also save users time if unnecessary steps could be removed from troubleshooting guides.

My setup includes a soundbar, wireless speakers, and a subwoofer.

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, @erenjad3.

Thanks for sharing it here in the Roku Community! 

We appreciate you informing us about the issue you're currently experiencing with your Roku speakers, which are making a buzzing noise after an update. Rest assured that we'll carefully review your concern to get you back on streaming quickly. 

To proceed with the investigation, kindly supply us with more information about your devices and let us know about...

• Is it only happening to one of your speakers, or are all your devices affected by this issue? 
  • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried far aside from resetting the speakers? 
  • Are you also experiencing this on all channels? If not, what specific channels are affected? 

Please also supply us with your... 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

We are looking forward to your prompt response. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.