cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aboogie
Channel Surfer

Roku Streambar Pro (9101x) popping noise after an update

@RobertMW 

How has your downgrade experience been? I'm still waiting on feedback from Rey and team now that the popping issue has been replaced by dropped audio issues. Less frequent than the pops but still not ideal listening experience.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @L10NH34RT,

Thanks for the update and for sharing with us the necessary details about this.

We'll take it from here and we'll share this over to the appropriate Roku team for further review. We'll be sure to keep you posted once we have an update available.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sjk4x4
Channel Surfer

Hi Rey,

Ive posted previously as well with no solution to the popping. Please give me any updates 

Jason187
Channel Surfer

Hello, I truly need an answer on why my ROKU surround system (streambar pro, 4 satellite speakers, and subwoofer) has an annoying random popping sound from rear and front surrounds sometimes. I keep my volume to mostly 15 and I still hear the popping. I dont recall this issue when I first got the system(4 months ago). If I cant even go past 15 then they cant be blown and why have them if they pop??!!! I would like some answers or how to fix this please. Thank you in advance!!!

0 Kudos
Sjk4x4
Channel Surfer

IMG_8740.jpeg

Heres the info. Please let me know if you need something else

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the follow-up, @Sjk4x4.

Could you confirm when you started having this issue? Also, to complete the details, please provide us with the following:

• Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps you have taken in an attempt to fix the issue.

We appreciate your patience in dealing with this concern.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
L10NH34RT
Channel Surfer

While I was collecting the information for all of my devices I noticed that the TV, wireless bass pro & wireless speakers were updated to version 12.5.5.4173 but the streambar pro was still on version 12.5.0.4178. Could that be what is causing the issue? Also, I am not able to manually try and update the streambar pro via the tv and I’m unable to navigate the streambar menu if I choose the input.

L10NH34RT
Channel Surfer

Although it isn’t a solution, I believe I may have found a workaround for the speaker popping problem. I selected the Roku streambar pro as my input and used the remote that came with the soundbar instead of the TCL Roku remote that came with my TV. I then set up all of my streaming apps on the streambar, just like I have them on the TV and did about 3 hours worth of viewing without hearing a single pop. This leads me to believe that there is a problem with the software when everything is running straight through the TV. I tried Netflix, Apple TV+, Prime video, Disney+ and they all played fine in 4K HDR (but no Dolby vision support). HBO max for some reason remains at 1080p and does not switch over to 4K HDR. This is less than optimal and I have to use both of my Roku remotes to have full control of the system, but it beats hearing those pops every couple of minutes. 

0 Kudos
Darken
Reel Rookie

Same thing here fellow Rokuer. I have also put it on the board here. I too requested to be downgraded. For Xmas, I want this fixed.

ejordan525
Channel Surfer

I’ve been waiting for a week for the downgrade instructions and software. I gave all my device information via private message and have yet to hear back regarding the downgrade. The popping is getting worse with yet no clear solution. At this point I might just throw my setup in the trash get a legitimate surround system.

0 Kudos