havar

Roku Soundbar and Netflix

Jump to solution

Hey guys I have a question about the Roku Soundbar and Netflix. I have a strange problem with the Netflix app on my soundbar. I have a Netflix subscription with ads (don't know if that's relevant).

Now to the problem, ever time I try to resume something I previously watched, say I stopped a movie in the middle, the app is just staying black and buffering 0%. Something I get an error message saying something went wrong and I should restart the app. But what always works is just "restart from start", it will immediately start playing. Now the other problem is that sometimes or better nearly all the time I cannot fast forward go back. It will just stop playing.

Does someone else has this problem? Is there a fix? I was maybe thinking it is because of the subscription with ads? Maybe the app has problems to load the ads?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Soundbar and Netflix

Jump to solution

Hi, @havar

Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you informing us about your Soundbar and Netflix playback issues. No worries; we're here to provide assistance tailored to your specific needs. 

If this is the only channel that's having an issue, you may try doing the troubleshooting steps provided below: 

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star 

to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Navigate to your Home Screen, go to Settings > System > Power > System Restart
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

If this process does not resolve the issue, reboot your router by unplugging it from the power outlet and then plug it back in after several seconds. Internet fluctuations might cause these problems, and power cycling the router might return your device to its normal operations. 

You may visit this support article: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

Let us know if you need further help. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Soundbar and Netflix

Jump to solution

Hi, @havar

Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you informing us about your Soundbar and Netflix playback issues. No worries; we're here to provide assistance tailored to your specific needs. 

If this is the only channel that's having an issue, you may try doing the troubleshooting steps provided below: 

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star 

to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Navigate to your Home Screen, go to Settings > System > Power > System Restart
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

If this process does not resolve the issue, reboot your router by unplugging it from the power outlet and then plug it back in after several seconds. Internet fluctuations might cause these problems, and power cycling the router might return your device to its normal operations. 

You may visit this support article: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

Let us know if you need further help. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.