Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dabomb734
Reel Rookie

Roku Phillips tv model 4700 sound not working

This morning when I got up, tuned on my tv and checked my phone, then the sound cut out. I tinkered with all the audio setting and I'm still having problems.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Sony Phillips tv sound not working

Hi @Dabomb734,

Welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for reaching out for support here today, and we'd be glad to assist. We would be needing further information for us to provide help. Could you please tell us more about what Roku device you are currently using? In addition, are you experiencing this issue within a specific channel or across the Roku platform?

Tell us more about this, and we're here to assist.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dabomb734
Reel Rookie

Across the entire room platform, and autocorrect says sony, but I meant roku phillps 4700 series with 4K HDR.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Dabomb734,

Thanks for your response,

We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more detailed information. 

• Do you have any other device/s connected to your TV? 
  • Can you please check your TV's volume level and mute settings using your remote?
  • Are you getting any error messages or error codes while playing content?
  • Under what scenario does the audio issue happen?

Please keep us posted on what you find out; we will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dabomb734
Reel Rookie

It says it's playing through my tv speakers but there's no noise. I played music at full volume and heard nothing, it was not muted, the audio is just gone no matter what I'm doing with no error messages.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Dabomb734,

Thanks for keeping us posted and for sharing with us additional details about this.

In this case, we would recommend reporting this to the TV manufacturer and getting help. This might be a hardware-related issue. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Please get back to us if they're able to resolve it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos