Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jghall
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku OS 12.5.5 update not available on 1 Roku TV

Hi ERey,  has the Roku team commented on this yet?  My first RCA Roku TV is at 12.5.5 build 4174 whereas my newer unit (but identical) is at 12.5.0 build 5190.  It updates apps fine, and did update build 5183 to 5190.  But won't update past 12.5.0 to 12.5.5.  I tried a factory reset but no change -- still 12.5.0.

Purely speculation, but I think maybe Roku has put a hold on 12.5.5.  Scouring the internet, I see lots of posts from people having some significant issues with 12.5.5.  So maybe Roku pulled it and is focusing efforts on 13.0 ??  If that's the case, it would be nice to know that so I can be confident there isn't an issue with my 2nd Roku TV itself.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @jghall,

We apologize for the wait for the solution as well as the delayed answer on this.

We would recommend that you try to attempt updating the Roku TV through USB.

For detailed instructions regarding this process, please visit our Support page here: How to use USB to update your unconnected Roku TV system

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply to the thread for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jghall
Binge Watcher

To do this, I assume I need to factory reset first to deactivate the unit from my Roku account?  Just disconnecting the network doesn't seem to be good enough.

0 Kudos
jghall
Binge Watcher

Well, this is bizarre. I downloaded the appropriate update.roku from tvupdate.roku.com and tried to manually apply it via USB update to this TV that's currently at 12.5.0. No go with a message stating "Current software is more up-to-date. Downgrade is not allowed.". What the heck is going on? My other identical TV is at 12.5.5 as is my Roku Express.

This is getting quite frustrating since there have been no comments from the back-end Roku team. Is this the only avenue for support? If there is an issue with this unit then I want to return it before the return window closes. But if it's simply that there is a hold placed on 12.5.5 and I should wait for 13.0, then someone please say so.

IMG_0060.JPEGIMG_0061.JPEG

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@jghall,

Thanks for the update!

I'll forward an update about this and let them know how things turn out.

We'll get back here if we receive further updates.

We're sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jghall
Binge Watcher

Well, it's been a month and still no response to this issue from your Roku team.  I suspect that I will never get a response, so unfortunately I've decided to return this TV to the retailer.  Very disappointing.  Thanks anyways.

0 Kudos