Maluzo

Private listening does not work

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Express and I use the Android App to control it. And I also use Private Listening on my headphones, however, after a while the audio no longer came through the cell phone. It only works if I restart my phone, and then it stops working again. I've tried everything, restarted the device, reinstalled the app and nothing. Please can someone help?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Private listening does not work

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Maluzo!

We understand you're having trouble connecting your Roku device to the Roku mobile app for private listening. We're here to help.

Please note that the Roku mobile app requires a strong Wi-Fi connection to function properly. Ensure your Roku mobile and device are connected to the same internet connection. If issues persist, please try restarting your router and Roku device. To do so, go to Settings > System > Power or System restart if it makes any difference.

This should resolve the issue you are experiencing; however, if the problem is still unresolved, please reply, and we can assist you further.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Maluzo!

We understand you're having trouble connecting your Roku device to the Roku mobile app for private listening. We're here to help.

Please note that the Roku mobile app requires a strong Wi-Fi connection to function properly. Ensure your Roku mobile and device are connected to the same internet connection. If issues persist, please try restarting your router and Roku device. To do so, go to Settings > System > Power or System restart if it makes any difference.

This should resolve the issue you are experiencing; however, if the problem is still unresolved, please reply, and we can assist you further.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LTate
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have restarted the headphone listening, restarted the app, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, did a system restart on the TV, and tried adjusting the audio delay (it just sat and spinned for a long time). I still have no sound coming out 9f the app on headphone mode.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.