Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eva99

Onn tv stop streaming every night at 8pm

Bought an ONN Tv on april 2024 for the family room. TV stop streaming every single night at 8pm.  I have tried every single thing explained over the internet;  factory reset, bandwith saver, family settings, sleep timer, disconnecting from the wall, turning on and off, everything and it shuts downs streaming every single night at 8pm.  Internet connection is excellent.  Does this tv has a software bug that it will never get fixed or should I put the tv on the trash?  Please help! Thanks! @Onntv @onnstreaming @onnrokutv @onntvdontwork 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Onn tv stop streaming every night at 8pm

Hi @eva99,

Thank you for informing us about this. We understand that you're having streaming issues with your Roku TV. Could you provide us with precise details to assess the issue further?

1. Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. When did the issue start happening?
  3. Is there a specific channel affected?
  4. Have you already tried connecting the Roku TV to a mobile hotspot just to check for improvements?

With more details, we'll be able to provide you with an accurate resolution.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NikkiC

Re: Onn tv stop streaming every night at 8pm

I recently had a similar situation with a device behaving much like you describe.  The issue wasn't with the device, but rather  a configuration in the WiFi Router.  In some routers, parents can enable/disable certain parental controls that allow/prohibit certain things like streaming and other internet access at certain times of the day (for example: Mon - Fri at 9PM during the school year, which is the kiddos bedtime).  

That having been said, are you absolutely sure someone hasn't been playing around with your WiFi router's configuration?  Routers are configured via a web browser these days.  Your issue sounds suspiciously like the issue I was having (I had forgot I had set up parental controls for the kiddos).  Might be a worthwhile endeavor to check that possibility.   The fact that your issue occurs every night at 8pm seems to imply this might be happening to you as well.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.