Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FordYolanda1
Reel Rookie

Re: Onn roku tv volume is at a 100 but still sounds low

Jump to solution

This does not help. I have 2 Roku tv’s and both have the same issue. The volume stops increase once you pass 50, meaning even though the tv says 55 or even 100 the volume still sounds as if it’s at 50. Is there a reason for this? It’s highly disappointing, these TV’s are too expensive to not have an accurate volume. 

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @FordYolanda1,

Thanks for sharing your first concerns here in the Roku Community!

Are any additional audio equipment or external audio products attached to your Roku TV, such as an AVR or soundbar?

With more details, we will be able to assist you best.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FordYolanda1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No. I spoke with a representative yesterday and he stated that he’s received a few complaints regarding the same issue. It’s as if the Roku tv’s have a default volume which they do not exceed no matter what volume number appears on the screen. The volume stops increasing at 50 but the numbers will still be going up. 

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@FordYolanda1,

Thanks for your quick update!

We'd be more than happy to take a closer look into this. But we'll need more details. If you see this happening again, please get back here and share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About) mobile device brand, model, and OS
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

We'll be anticipating it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jerrylb40

Jump to solution

I have 2 32" onn roku tv's and both will not allow soundbar volume to get loud enough. It is about a 5 level. It was working fine a few weeks ago and when I tried it a few days ago neither soundbar volume will get loud enough to enjoy using the soundbars. 

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jerrylb40,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We're gathering reports about this so that we can further look into it. Could you also share with us the details requested right above your post?

In addition, could you also share the device model of your soundbar connected to your TV?

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I’ve tried all suggestions and nothing!! From 40 to 100, no different 

Jump to solution

Model g829x

serial x01200ynru8x (soge239nru8x)

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

1 month old! Shall I return the tv? 

Jump to solution

I am sure you are well aware of this issue. I have a 32 inch that works just fine aside form the screen cast BS you have going on. 

Digression aside, I bought 2 50" Roku and Nothing! Not even the DJ setup at out bar makes them sound louder. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.