Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harpc
Reel Rookie

Re: Onn Roku tv. Software won’t update.

Jump to solution

Would doing this have any effect on my other devices? I have another TV and 3 other devices with the same account. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello Roku Community Users!

Thanks for your post,

We have passed your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will update this Community thread. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Harpc 

If you use a different email address (which then creates a new Roku account), the device(s) on this new account will no longer be linked to your other devices.  Would not be able to share subscriptions across all devices if you purchase subscriptions through Roku.

Some users like having multiple Roku accounts so they can set up seperate devices. (ie. kids, parents, etc).

Was really just recommending this as a troubleshooting step to see if this may be simply an account issue (or a network error associated with the account), as opposed to a firmware, RokuOS, or a hardware issue causing this error.   That is why I would try the new account using a hotspot during setup.  (helps to eliminate the network as a culprit).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Jessa0240

Jump to solution

Wish I seen this before I reset lol, I am having this exactly issue, did your issue get resolved?? @Shae5714 

0 Kudos
Shae5714
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Unfortunately not! We’ve had to hook our xbox back up to it in order to use it as it still will not update

0 Kudos
Jessa0240

Jump to solution

**bleep**, now my tv won’t even let me use it because I did the factory reset. It still won’t update do now just goes back to the wifi set up

0 Kudos
Shae5714
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I know it’s quite annoying. I would call Roku and hopefully they can send you some warranty paperwork or something 

0 Kudos
Jessa0240

Jump to solution

So I pressed the actual reset button on the side of the tv, held it for 30 seconds and the screen turned purple and said recovery mode, it was the same screen side by side. Then it wanted to connect to wifi and did the update. It’s now working!!

Shae5714
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Lucky!! I try that every second day and mine still wont 😂

0 Kudos
Jessa0240

Jump to solution

That is so frustrating!! 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.