Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Troubled

Re: Tv goes black but sound is onn

Jump to solution

Mine just started to do this last night. I have tried every trick that this community has to offer. A friend that was having the same issue said that the back light and LED Display are probably burned out. The company only offers a 1 year limited warranty but I've had the set just under 2 years. Now I have to go buy a new TV. 

0 Kudos
jessesguy19
Reel Rookie

Re: Tv goes black but sound is onn

Jump to solution

Same here. I've unplugged it, still dark, I've reset it, still dark, I've done the home (5x) up (1x) rewind (2x) and fast forward (2x) and nothing worked. I called Roku twice and we went through it all again. Then called Hisense who redirected me back to Roku 55". (Mine is Roku not Onn btw) but it seems that this is happening quite often and right shortly after the warranty ends. Smh I hope you get it figured out before having to fork out more funds for a new one. 

0 Kudos
Ryancorn03

Re: Onn Roku 70' TV Black Screen, what to do?

Jump to solution

A family member bought this for christmas 2022 for a baby's room with one yr warranty.  Literally less than a month after the warranty expires the tv goes black.  Only used maybe 1 or 2 times a month.  I talked to ONN customer service. 1. Couldnt understand a single thing she was saying. 2. Did all the resets and troubleshooting 3. Told me the warranty expired 20 days ago and i am s*** out of luck.  Never ever buy an ONN tv is all i can say.  Mine lasted 1 yr and 24 days and was hardly ever turned on.  Piece of junk

Ryanc03
0 Kudos
Tinaanddewey200
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You can also add me to the black screen list. I purchased my 70 in tv only 2 years ago. I turn it on and got nothing but a red blinking light. I contacted them and they told me there is nothing they can do since my warranty is up. And told me to contact a tv repair person. We all need to come together and start a class action suit!!!

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Tinaanddewey200,

We're thrilled to have you join us here in the Roku Community! 

• Is this the first time you have experienced this issue?
  • Do you have any other device/s connected to your TV?
  • Is there a specific input that's not showing?
  • Are all cables firmly plugged in?
  • Is your TV able to exit "wake up" mode?

Troubleshooting:

1.  Check the power cord/outlet to ensure the device is getting power.
  2.  Checked the input that you are trying to watch?
  3.  Checked the video cables to ensure they are firmly connected.
  4. Unplug and replug your TV from the wall outlet.
  5. If the problem persists,  do a factory reset on the TV. Located on the back or bottom of your device, the physical Reset button is either tactile or a pinhole design that requires a straightened paper clip. Once you locate the Reset button and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the button firmly for about 10 seconds. When the factory reset is complete, an indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices.

Please keep us posted on what you find out and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
Tinaanddewey200
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes it’s the first time this has happened.And no there is no cables connected to it. It’s just a black screen with no sound. Just a red blinking light. I have tried unplugging it and I checked the power cord and I did the reset button and still nothing. It was working fine. I cut it off and went to bed got up the next morning cut it on and got nothing. It’s really frustrating because the tv is only two years old. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Tinaanddewey200,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

It's possible that a hardware problem is the cause of your problem; in that case, we advise getting in touch with the TV manufacturer to report the problem and ask for more assistance. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                            John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tinaanddewey200
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did get in touch with them and they said I’m  out of luck since my warranty is up. Which is  because the  tv is only 2 years old. I have other tvs in my house that is almost 8 years old and is still working just fine. 

0 Kudos
Rositab

Jump to solution

I had the same issue, I did all the things that were suggested and still had the issue. I finally factory reset the audio and picture settings and it didn't do that again. Once I changed the picture settings for gaming it turned black within a minute. I reset the picture setting and haven't had that happen. 

I hope this helps you out too.

08/17/2024 UPDATE: I started having the black screen again and I did the whole factory reset on the t.v. and still happened I did figure out that it would only happen on the HDR mode so I set the picture brightness to darker and it's been staying on. Fingers cross that I don't have the issue later. 

0 Kudos
Wallygator

Jump to solution

I have the 75in onn roku model number 100044717 having same issue tv not even 2 years old turns on flashes then black screen

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.