Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mleek
Reel Rookie

OTA channel menu

The OTA channel menu shows program information for 23 hours in advance and lets me scroll forward only.  Cannot see current time's programs.  Intermittent - I cut the cable cord couple years ago and recent update has just messed up the viewing experience!  Anyone have suggestion to resolve?  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: OTA channel menu

@mleek

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried rescanning the channels with your antenna to see if you are able to resolve the issue you are experiencing?

In addition, we would recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Support page here: How do I find TV listings using Live TV Channel Guide?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Re: OTA channel menu

@mleek , my solution has been to do a factory reset, BUT during the initial setup I told it I would connect to internet later (but, never will). That causes the TV to use what seems like an older version of the software. I have favorites again. I have continuous channel changing again. Captions on mute works again. I have the audio "leveling" option again. 

One downside to that solution for you (since you mention guide as your main problem): there is no guide. Just the channel info when you land on a channel (the broadcasted EPG info, which in my area isn't very accurate.). For me, this isn't an issue because I never used Roku's guide. I've always used zap2it or something on my phone or laptop.

I spent $22 for an Amazon Firestick Lite. I watch streaming through an HDMI port. My tv's "dumb" now (which is better than the wrong kind of smart Roku seems addicted to).

I don't like having two remotes. I've ordered a Sofabaton F2 which is supposed to fit the Lite's remote. Maybe that will be a clever solution.

It's an unintuitive way to go. But, if you look at the forum (going back months and years), there's no reason to believe Roku will take anything seriously. The history is just customer complaints taken as casually and as mere suggestions, left to wonder if anything will change (for as long as they'd care to wonder). 

IMO, Roku's showing they've become the very thing you cut the cord from. As stonewalling and uncaring as Comcast. So, my solution seems like the most reasonable (realistic) one.

It has some upsides. You'll be protected from future ill-willed updates (what you're seeing with antenna tv isn't a bug. Not letting you revert back to the version of software that worked for you isn't a mere oversight. And, the CSR talking like he's never heard of this problem before is probably about as sincere as it sounds.). You'll also be able to upgrade to the hottest new streaming device for another $20 -- without being tied to all your eggs in one basket. You'll get as much life out of your tv as it has (without Roku's help).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos