Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brandon8745
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display

so i found out that i can see my screen if i shine a flashlight on it. It helpede check for a system update and its all up to date. I did a factory reset but that didnt help either. Maybe the backlight went out? 🤔

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@brandon8745, yep, your backlight went out.  That would be the manufacturer's responsibility.  It seems to be fairly common with the TCL TVs, but it can affect TVs from any manufacturer.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @brandon8745 

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Ginger23

Exact same issue!  I can see the screen if I shine a flashlight.  I’ve tried everything - all the stops.  TCL was zero help.  Said if I could produce the receipt they would honor the warranty - I did and they told me they would not.  Done with them

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Ginger23

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

It seems that this may be a hardware issue. We highly recommend that you will continue coordinating with TCL support to provide a resolution to this issue. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
brandon8745
Channel Surfer

I dont have a TCL. I have a Hisense. Geek Squad is going to come and look at it. I havent owned this tv for 2 years yet. Quite frankly i think its ubsurd! I can buy a $20 pair of headfones that last longer than a $600 TV. 🙄 

0 Kudos
QueenBee0081819
Reel Rookie

Same.. I have a HISENSE 75inch that went out after watching it the night before. It was working perfectly fine now I can only hear the sound in the background. I’ve tried everything in these comments and nothing has worked yet. I’m so upset because I love my tv and now it’s just a black screen.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @QueenBee0081819

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer - Hisense to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. They'll be the best ones to help regarding your issue.

You can contact them here: Hisense Support. Call them at 1-888-935-8880.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
QueenBee0081819
Reel Rookie

No I didn’t I went through 8 pages of comments & see people saying they have called and gotten “warranty expired” or just nothing at all. So I should call HISENSE? Because that’s the brand tv it is.

0 Kudos
QueenBee0081819
Reel Rookie

I wish I can sat thanks for the advice. But like I previously stated before I have tried everything possible. I’ve tried this 100x and still nothing. I even timed myself with a timer to make sure & still no screen. 

0 Kudos