Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul65
Streaming Star

Re: Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display

Nice.  No more of this nonsense.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

If you are experiencing a black screen display issue on your Roku TV, we would recommend unplugging your TV for 10-15 minutes then powering it back on to see if the issue persists. If the issue is still occurring, it is likely a hardware related issue that you will need to contact your Roku TV manufacturer to assist further.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Billy22

Just picked up a 55” TCL Roku TV from Best Buy this past Sunday after reading great reviews. Worked great for a couple of days then got the black screen syndrome that many people are complaining of on this board. Good thing I found this forum and that the issue has still not been resolved. I’m still within Best Buy’s return policy window. I have a feeling there’s going to be a few of these stacked up behind the counter. 

Nicks23
Reel Rookie

This just happened to me about 1 hour ago. Total black screen. Tried the unplug trick, tried the reset, Support users keep in mind that the screen is BLACK! So when asking us to go to settings and continue on it is not possible.  This doesn't seem like a TV issue as some may have posted since so many of use are experience this issue at once. 

I have a 55 inch Roku TCL, Model #55S423

Nicks23
Reel Rookie

Friends, 

Just contacted TCL and I was told sorry that I should take it to a TV repair shop and there is nothing they can do because the TV is out of Warranty. Absolutely no more Roku or TCL for this family as there are to many other options to take our business. 

brandon8745
Channel Surfer

I dont think its TCL. Its got to be a roku issue. I have a 75" Hisense 4K UHD LED LCD TV. Model# 75R6E3 with a manufacture date of Nov. 19,2020. I payed $600 for this tv in May 2021. Havent had it 2 years yet. My screen went black today. I can hear the tv working but has no picture. I tried the reset and once the power light started blinking the screen flickered then went black again. After that didnt work i unplugged it for about 30 mins. Plugged it back in and that didnt work either. The two 32" TCL i also have work perfectly fine. Its jist my Hisense Roku with this issue

rkmcniel
Streaming Star

Makes sense. My TCL 75R615 went out but no one is taking responsibility so either way we got the shaft. 

brandon8745
Channel Surfer

I made an appointment with Geek Squad. Im getting to the bottom of this. Ill update once they fix it and how much it cost and what the issue is. I may take it a little further but we'll see. Less than 2 years from buying it fresh off the shelf is unacceptable for the price. Especially me no being the only one with this issue. 🤔 sounds like a recall needs to be considered. 

rkmcniel
Streaming Star

Agree 💯. Looking forward to the update. The Geek squad told me between the repairs and the trouble with getting parts it could take a long time & cost around $500-700. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Allyeaton

My tv is now on a black screen I have tried the prompts you gave me and it doesn’t work

0 Kudos