Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display

Greetings @Jenny2000smith @Kassybri95

Thanks for letting us know. 

Sorry to hear about the issues you have with your Roku TV. We'd like to forward as well your details to the team for the investigation. Could you provide the requested details posted by @RokuMary-F above? 

We'll keep an eye on your responses. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
nathant
Channel Surfer

You buy a new TV. Not a TCL.

0 Kudos
Madking1
Streaming Star

To everyone who has had this issue, they aren't going to help you. They will push you to the TV manufacturer and the manufacturer will tell you that you need to chuck your tv and go buy a new one. Pretty amazing and shows that Roku doesn't stand by their product or doesn't have any standards for their manufacturers to follow. 

0 Kudos
CUTigerJLSII
Reel Rookie

Well I have waited over 1 month and we have not received a single response.

Terrible customer service!

I was a huge supporter of Roku, but this will make me sing a different tune. Very disappointing. I cannot recall worse service in my 50+ years.

I guess it is time to move on… and to warn friends and family!

Sad…

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi everyone,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Please be advised that the appropriate Roku team is still investigating this issue. Once we have an update, we'll let the Community know immediately.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Rivamell1

Re: Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display

Done that and several other steps pressing 5 times Home button , return x2, up x1 , fast forward twice.

Today 3/21/2023.

last year inMarch my Roku tv was replaced after almost one year of date of purchase.

2 Roku tvs that last for 1 year only.  What do you suggest I do ?

I will appreciate your kind support because it takes too much time on the phone to get a replacement authorization. I am unsure if having a 3rd Roku Tv would be a good idea, how can I convince my husband that the back light won’t go off again less than a year later.

If it is not replaced immediately letting me know where to pick one up in two days max,(purchased @COSTCO, Kendall-London Square)  I would appreciate receiving our money back.

Sincerely

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos
ggarcia
Channel Surfer

after a lot of research ive found this is not a roku issue.  this is a TCL issue.  TCL tvs have back light problems.   we're on a roku forum.  not sure what kind of help they can give regarding TCL.  i imagine we will have to take our feedback directly to TCL.

nathant
Channel Surfer

I think you are correct about this. I think this is a case of TCL making **bleep** televisions. Somehow they seem to have tricked all of the various people who publish ratings, convincing them that they produce quality televisions; but they clearly do not make a product that is designed to last more than 12 months. So, go buy another television, and make sure that it is not a TCL!

Madking1
Streaming Star

They also “tricked” Roku so let’s not pretend they don’t have some liability in this too. The Roku name is all over my TCL Roku tv

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello Community user,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Please be aware that this matter is still being investigated. We'll make sure to update this Community thread as soon as more information becomes available. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos