Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heavyuser666
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display

Not for me I tried hard button reset it sucks. I have 3 TVs at home one ONN Roku integrated and two stand alone devices. All my 3 TVs are broken either black screen or the remotes stop working on the other two absolutely at the same time yesterday, I would fire the entire QA Roku team after the latest update 😞 sorry that I am mad but I am going to get either Apple, Amazon stick or something else 

0 Kudos

add me to the list of victims.

Last 3 months this has been an ongoing issue and it might be related to screen timeout.

The last 2 times we attempted a fix the resolution was to wait anywhere from 10-30 minutes and the screens magically started to work again.

We can hear the volume so we just leave it running with the black screen issue.

Madking1
Streaming Star

@RokuDanny-R 

danny - it’s been 6 months. What’s the latest update on getting our TVs fixed? 

ChaPre03
Channel Surfer

Where you see the work "Reset" there should be a tiny hole. The button is a tiny one in there. Eith your tv on, use a toothpick or paperclip to depress the button for 30 seconds. Remove and the tv will reboot. 

It didn't work for me, sounds like a bad patch went through recently. But, hope it works for you!

Nozaeta
Reel Rookie

Re: My TCL Roku tv has a black screen and yet I still can click buttons and hear audio?

It worked fine the day before I posted. Stopped working the day I posted. 

It is a TCL Tv

The screen is dark. You can barely see the screen at times. I Can hear noise just fine 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My TCL Roku tv is showing no picture but is making sound

Hi Community users,

We appreciate you for sharing your observation and providing the information needed.

At this time, we have no update to provide but rest assured once more information is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread. In the meantime, please help us with the required details requested by RokuNimfa-C for further investigation by our engineering team.

Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Firmwareistrash
Channel Surfer

As this seems to be a hot topic... I doubt that there will be any fix because TCL doesn't want to cooperate with roku. If they did a stand alone pen drive update would have been implemented quite some time ago. Nobody can help you unless you have a warranty from TCL. 

0 Kudos
rockaway1836
Binge Watcher

@Firmwareistrash What you say may or may not be true. However this issue seems to be across brands, not just TCL. If it is a software issue, it looks to be more of a Roku problem.

Re: TCL Roku tv is on Black Screen 10/27/2022

My screen stays black. 

Reset won't work. Please help

0 Kudos
XiniMari3

Re: TCL Roku tv is on Black Screen 10/27/2022

My Onn. Roku tv is black screen after pressing update. I do the usb and it acts like there isn’t any usb connected… Never even got to use it. They want to replace it. But how am I going to ship this thing back out to them in order to get my replacement? Then wait another week for another tv that might not work. Frustrating.