Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clouds
Channel Surfer

Roku tv is on but black screen

I’ve tryed resetting the tv and nothing seems to work any help 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku tv is on but black screen

Hi there @Clouds

Thanks for reaching out here in Community.

Can you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? Are you able to hear audio or is it completely a black screen? How long has the issue been occurring?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Clouds
Channel Surfer

This issue has been going on for a day I can hear the audio it’s a TLC roku

0 Kudos
Vd512

Re: Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display

Did you figure out how to fix it?

0 Kudos
tjaburke8
Reel Rookie

Nope still nothing.  I actually found an extra Roku Stick so I went out and bought a Vizio TV for the same price as a Roku TV.  Swore I wouldn't buy another TCL TV again, but then I almost did.  We have another one in our living room so if that one lasts a while it'll restore my faith in TCL.

I don't think this is a Roku issue - I only hear about this from TCL products.  I never hear about this from other makers of Roku TVs.  I think this is more of TCL's fault

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Vd512,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry if it caused any inconvenience and we'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to isolate and look closely at the issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Clouds
Channel Surfer

I can hear the audio it’s still on black screen 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Clouds,

Thanks for the clarifications about the behavior you are seeing with your Roku TV.

We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, kindly provide the necessary information below so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:

• When was the last time TV was used without issue
  • When was the issue first noticed
  • Is the issue popping up when you start the TV
  • Is the issue happening during a content playback
    • If so, what streaming channel?
  • brand and model TV (this can be seen on the back of the TV)
  • Press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times to obtain a tracker ID (we are aware that this tracker ID will be unseen due to the black screen)
    • date stamp when you triggered the tracker ID
  • can you see a picture on the screen with the use of a flashlight

We appreciate your patience while we investigated this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Clouds
Channel Surfer

The Roku TLC TV was good 3 days ago no black screen nothing wrong with it. The issue was noticed when I turned on the TV. Yes the black screen pops up when I turn on the TV. Brand TLC model 50S431. I can’t see with a flashlight.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Clouds,

Thanks for providing the information needed.

We'll go ahead and send this over to the Roku team for further investigation. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.