Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Speedle_1_5286
Reel Rookie

Roku Plus Series 55R6A5R Left Side Intermittent Glitch

Jump to solution

Hello,

I picked up a Roku Plus Series 55 (55R6A5R) in late 2023 and have noticed an intermittent video glitch that always occurs on the left side of the screen.

I believe that I verified that this isn't a network issue because it occurs when I'm not in any app where I am streaming (for example, it happens when just navigating the home screen).

It happens very quickly and then resolves, then happens again consistently for as long as the TV is powered on.

The TV is plugged into a grounded power strip and I tried to plug it directly into the wall with the same result. I also removed an extension cord that had been between the TV power cable and power strip previously, which seemed to help a little in terms of issue frequency.

The only other thing that seemed to help (which also makes me think it's a hardware issue) is that it seemed to become a bit more infrequent when I wiggled the power cord a bit where it comes out of the back of the unit. For reasons unknown (possibly cost savings?), Roku opted for an attached power cord versus an attachable cable.

For what it's worth, the unit is wall mounted and the power cable is routed in the wall but is not stretched. I'd originally connected it to the extension cord where it exits the wall to ensure plenty of slack when moving the mount, but even without the extension I verified there is enough wiggle room.

Here is a screenshot:
Left side picture glitchLeft side picture glitch

Here is a video link (good for 48 hours, let me know if you want me to re-upload to see it captured in real time):
https://streamable.com/wep3m2 

Thoughts? Should I request a replacement? Any insight is much appreciated here. Regards.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Plus Series 55R6A5R Left Side Intermittent Glitch

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for your post!

We understand that you're having display issues with your Roku TV. We would recommend trying the following troubleshooting steps below:

1. Power-cycle your Roku TV: unplug it from the wall power outlet and plug it back in.
  2. Check for updates: Go to Settings > System > Software Update > Check Now
  3. Restart your Roku TV: Go to Settings > System > Power (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) > System Restart.
  4. Last resort, factory reset: Go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset.
This should fix the problem you're having, but if it doesn't, please respond so we can help you.

Kind regards,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for your post!

We understand that you're having display issues with your Roku TV. We would recommend trying the following troubleshooting steps below:

1. Power-cycle your Roku TV: unplug it from the wall power outlet and plug it back in.
  2. Check for updates: Go to Settings > System > Software Update > Check Now
  3. Restart your Roku TV: Go to Settings > System > Power (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) > System Restart.
  4. Last resort, factory reset: Go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset.
This should fix the problem you're having, but if it doesn't, please respond so we can help you.

Kind regards,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Speedle_1_5286
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello @RokuJanadeeK,

Thank you kindly for your reply here.

1. Power cycle Roku TV -- this troubleshoot did not work
2. Check for updates -- TV software was/is up to date, so this was not an issue
3. Restart your Roku TV -- this troubleshoot did not work
4. Factory reset -- So far it seems that this has helped, hopefully this resolved the issue

I will post back here if I encounter again. Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.