Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bleyva14

No remote for Roku Onn TV

Jump to solution

My husband bought me a brand new onn roku tv. There was no remote. Is there another way to set up the tv? Will a new remote connect? We never able to do the initial set up...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No remote with my Onn TV

Jump to solution

@Bleyva14 

Thanks for the post.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach Onn support here: https://onntvsupport.com/#product_support-2 or at 1-844-334-2355.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/roku-tv 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No remote

Jump to solution

You can buy true Roku remote from either walmart $19.88 or Best Buy $29.99, its wifi voice remote that would have to be paired with the Roku tv. It has the model RC-AL7R. Or at Walmart you can get a universal remote like One-For-All urc-7935 streamer remote, its IR remote that can be programmed for your Onn Roku tv, just use the TCL Roku tv codes. You can find this on ebay around $10, new its $25. Here's photo next to roku tv remote:

P1010420 (800x600).jpg

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
User32768
Streaming Star

Re: No remote

Jump to solution

ONN is Walmart's "manufacture the things as cheaply as possible, using the cheapest components in the universe, so that we can still make a tidy profit" house brand - but they still include a remote control with the things. Unless you got it used, take it back to the store and exchange it for one that includes the remote. Or consider simply returning it for a refund and purchasing a different brand (any other brand) instead. I realize that a good percentage of consumer electronics these days are manufactured so cheaply that someone can still turn a profit even factoring in a non-insignificant rate of failure during the warranty period, but still... There ought to be a lower limit to that kind of thing.

If you - and your husband - want and/or need to purchase a... lower-tier television, take a look at Hisense's cheaper offerings. While the quality is likely nothing to write home about, at least the name on the product is the name of the manufacturer. Mine is actually decent (enough), all things considered I can hear the audio from more than a few inches away, I can move a few inches off-center and the display doesn't appear to be completely washed out, et cetera. I'd still advise you to purchase the three or four year extended warranty, though - that way, you can count on having a working television for that long.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No remote with my Onn TV

Jump to solution

@Bleyva14 

Thanks for the post.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach Onn support here: https://onntvsupport.com/#product_support-2 or at 1-844-334-2355.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/roku-tv 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

Re: No remote for Roku Onn TV

Jump to solution

my remote is not working correctly what do i do.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@denisebryant 

Thanks for the post.

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact Onn here: http://onntvsupport.com/#product_support-2 or at 1-844-334-2355.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Junobaby

Jump to solution

Hello When  I bought my Onn TV in the instructions manual it said you could download the Onn Tv remote to your cell phone from play store and it works.  Also I have seen many Roku remotes in the goodwill.  By accident my first tv was a insignia with roku remote and it worked on my Onn tv as well.

Remote got stold/ no remote

Jump to solution

I think my next door neiobrgh got my remote i need a phone number where ruku customer service can be reached

0 Kudos
KCLOCKHART

Jump to solution

i also bought a roku tv and there was no remote or screws for the stand. how can i get them to send me a remote ? 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @KCLOCKHART,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturer's contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV
You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: Remote and accessories 

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos