Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jebair
Reel Rookie

Roku TV no longer connects wirelessly

I have had two Roku TV's for over a year. Both are ONN model nos. 100012590 running software version 11.5.0 build 4312-DN. One carries serial no. X007003KRR8H and the other carries serial no. YK0011571167. Both have been operating flawlessly on the same wireless network.  Last week, the one with serial no. YK0011571167 ceased connecting and I cannot successfully get it to reconnect. I have restarted it, reset it to factory default, tried different networks, reset the router, restricted the wireless network to 2.4GB, and let the TV sit shut off for days. Whenever I try to connect it to a wireless network, it spins for a minute and then returns a 14.50 error. I was able to get it to connect to a personal hotspot on my phone a couple of times, but that is now no longer successful. 

I purchased a Roku 4K stick and plugged it into one of the HDMI ports, seeking to bypass the factory installed Roku. The stick likewise cannot connect to a wireless network while plugged into the Roku TV.  The stick will successfully connect elsewhere.  Is my YK0011571167 Roku TV toast?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV no longer connects wirelessly

Do you have 5GHz Wi-Fi available?  With 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, make sure the wireless mode is set to b/g/n and not g/n.  The stick not connecting when plugged into the TV is worrisome.  It almost sounds like there's some kind of interference in that location.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jebair
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your reply. I have a T-link Deco mesh network; other wireless devices on the network in that room connect without problem and the Roku TV had worked in that room without fail until last week. 5GHz is disabled so the network uses only 2.4 GHz. I have moved the Roku TV to other areas in the house with the same result - no connection. The stick connects when plugged into other TV's, though I have not yet tried plugging it into the working Roku TV.    

0 Kudos
jebair
Reel Rookie

Well, my second Roku TV seems to have given up the ghost. It no longer connects.  In fact it cannot even see any wireless networks. I give up. No more Roku TV's for me.  

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Is the MAC address that's displayed under Settings->Network->About all zeros?  If so, something has failed within the TV and you might have better luck reaching out to onn.

Where can I get support for my Roku TV™? | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.