Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amy16

Black screen unplugged tv and already reset the tv

Jump to solution

While my tv was on, my screen suddenly went black. Still have audio. I tried resetting the tv with a paper clip for over a minute, didn’t fix the issue. I unplugged the tv itself for over five minutes. When I turned my tv back on, TCL flashed on my screen a couple of times, but end result was a black screen again. I don’t believe it’s a HDMI cable issue. I have repeated the process several times, nothing has fixed the issue. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dgsmith800
Reel Rookie

Re: Black screen unplugged tv and already reset the tv

Jump to solution

Update :

after spending several hours n the phone with tech support it was concluded the the backlit display had failed !

Sadly while I was fiddling with it pulled away from the wall I was using a flashlight that as when I accidentally shined it across the screen I saw that it had the very faint image of “ let’s get started “  I could read most of it very faintly ! After watching a you tube vide on repairing it and being hung up on 3 times by geek squad at Best Buy I figured I’ll be shopping for a replacement ! Since it was barely two years old I will not buy another TCL TV  i liked the Roku streaming on it so I’m searching for what’s out there !

hope this helps someone !

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Dgsmith800
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Amy16 if you get a resolution will u notify me so I may attempt it also !!

mine quit yesterday black screen tried resetting left it unplugged overnight still no help tried reset for over one minute 

if I fiddle around with remote I can get the tv to make sounds like when you select something but still can’t see a dang thing 

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Since you mention an HDMI cable, I assume this is a non-Roku TV connected to a Roku player?  If so, do other inputs on the TV work?  Does the Roku work on other TV inputs and/or other TVs or computer monitors? This will help narrow down which device has the issue.  (It sounds like you have already tried swapping cables?)

0 Kudos
Dgsmith800
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Update :

after spending several hours n the phone with tech support it was concluded the the backlit display had failed !

Sadly while I was fiddling with it pulled away from the wall I was using a flashlight that as when I accidentally shined it across the screen I saw that it had the very faint image of “ let’s get started “  I could read most of it very faintly ! After watching a you tube vide on repairing it and being hung up on 3 times by geek squad at Best Buy I figured I’ll be shopping for a replacement ! Since it was barely two years old I will not buy another TCL TV  i liked the Roku streaming on it so I’m searching for what’s out there !

hope this helps someone !

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

If you have already unplugged the TV and are still experiencing an issue, we would recommend contact ing your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos