cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rolf838
Channel Surfer

Re: New Roku Streambar keeps rebooting randomly

@Slmayhugh 

This is a reported problem no matter where you look on the internet.  Amazon, Best Buy.. et.c.  Lucky for me, this happens maybe once or twice a week, not that I don't consider it an issue.. I do.  I wonder if this issue will result in an eventual failure. I wonder if I need to get my money back before to much time passes and that option is gone. 

Mostly I wonder if anyone is going to publicly admit it and either fix it, or admit they have an unsolvable issue.  The silence after all this time points to the later.

0 Kudos
EdBri
Channel Surfer

I agree and don't think Roku is doing anything to correct this problem.

It's not just an isolated incident for one or two people, it's a well-documented problem with a defective product.

0 Kudos
Slmayhugh
Binge Watcher

And yet another reboot...after factory reset of the streambar this morning. 
 Only this time on the Apple TV APP

9102-R Streambar
SN: YLOOEA156148
Software 9.4.0 Build 4290-95
timestamp: 2021-01101T02:31:46Z
ID: 48-000-151

0 Kudos
G5t6x6
Reel Rookie

Same issue for me as well, watching Pluto mostly. just got it for Christmas and has rebooted several times in the past few days while streaming. Light on top of unit turns red and then restarts.

model 9102R

serial YL008M365712

software 9.4.6 build 4007-95

timestamp 2021-01-01T23:46:44z

issue 12-001-426

0 Kudos
Slmayhugh
Binge Watcher

So the reboot has happened again and again and again. I have followed your instructions to send the information requested on all my reboots and still you jave nothing in return to fix the failures. I’ve have had conversations on Messenger with the support group and they said to reach out to the streaming app Pluto to see if they have the answers. Well tonight there is another system reboot. And here is the information requested:

9102-R Streambar
SN: YLOOEA156148
Software 9.4.0 Build 4290-95
timestamp: 2021-01-02T23:17:49Z
ID: 48-002-837

I think I have provided enough of the reboot information that you should be able to fix the problem. You now have 4 pages of customers failures recorded. WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THE PROBLEM???? 

0 Kudos
darktoylord
Reel Rookie

Roku, please don't place blame on the app. from all of these posts we an see that it happens with various apps. The sames apps that do not cause problems with your other streaming devices. The failure here is the Stream Bar. It clearly was not ready for release. Once you get this issue resolved, perhaps I will think about purchasing it again but until then I have returned it and will stick with my steaming stick.

0 Kudos
Rolf838
Channel Surfer

@darktoylord  @Slmayhugh 

I have to agree that this is not a Pluto issue.  I use Pluto and has of yet, had not had any issue while in Pluto. I have however, had plenty of issues with the freeze and reboot... in all sorts of situations and even between closing one app and opening another.  I do agree they have enough failure logs to use.  I'm not going to bother with that anymore.... We've done all we can here...

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@G5t6x6 

Thanks for the post and information.

I have passed it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

As I have previously stated, I have already passed along all of the information that I have requested and you have provided to the appropriate team to investigate further.

I currently do not have any updates to provide. However, when more information is available, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
Slmayhugh
Binge Watcher

Danny..thanks for passing on the info..hopefully the engineers working on the issue will resolve the problem. 

0 Kudos